1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make DVD all region????

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by semuk, Jun 19, 2003.

1. semuk

semuk Member

Hi,

I am using DVD X Copy and was wondering if it was possible to make a backup of a "Region 1" movie and make the DVD-R backup "all region"

Thanks
    Sem

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I don't believe it is possible to use DVDXcopy to strip region codes.

I know my process removes the region codes:
    - Rip the movie with DVDdecrypter
    - Compress with DVD2one
    - copy those ripped files into a folder called VIDEO_TS (caps and underscore [bold]very[/bold] important. Also make an empty AUDIO_TS folder
    - burn them to DVD using Stomp RecordNow using data DVD option.

3. ARTW

ARTW Member

HI KEN, ART W. here. Is it possible to burn with dvd decrypter? Also do you know of a way to extract just the movie and not the special features to put on the computer. And then possibly use dvd shrink if necessary to put the movie on one disc.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

When you rip the DVD it will extract all to the hard disk, then just delete what you dont need!

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

It is possible to burn w/ DVD Decrypter yes (although I dont believe it by any means the best option).
    I use Nero myself but other than that I always hear good reports of RecordNow Max..so perhaps either of these two.

To extract movie-only use either Smartripper 2.41 or DVD Decrypter 3.1.6
    All relevant (title set) VOBs will be highlighted but you may need to maually highlight the IFO to titleset [it'll be the IFO 2 above the selected VOB files]...then rip.
    Next I'd use DVD2One [it's not free but it is a class piece of software IMHO ]
    If using DVD2One , open it ..select SOURCE as the folder where ripped files are & DESTINATION as empty folder > drop down box wants to have MOVIE-ONLY selected > next > select [highlight] the longest title set if there's more than one ie: 1:58:43 > next > AC3 6CH / Whichever subtitles / Angle 1 > start >

Burn with whatever your choice of burning prog

[​IMG]