1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question How to make DVD Subtitle files?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by javierdl, Jul 3, 2017.

1. javierdl

javierdl Member

Hi all,

I only found how to "add" these files to a software to include them in the burning of a DVD disc. But no one seems to explain how to create them first.

Thanks,

JDL

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If there's no tuts here then try over at videohelp,however search before asking.It'd pay to install Notepad++ as its better than windows version.There's also numerous subtitle creators like subtitle workshop & SubtitlEdit.The easiest method that i use is klite,i play a movie file then select download subtitles.The downside is there may be none or they aren't in sync.There's a few places like opensubtitle that are fan operated creating subs for movie that have none etc.
    You can get an idea of how to make subs by opening one that's already created,its not hard to make them just time consuming

3. Mez

Mez Active member

Scorp is telling you how to make your own. If you want to use the one that came with the disk ...

1) it needs to be on the disk (if it isn't there then you need to follow Scorp's advice. )

2) Your software needs to be able to find it, then you must select it to be included in the new video. If that is too much for you, tell the ripper to copy the complete disk.