1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make your own Memory Card Exploit using the Independence Installer

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Sep 17, 2004.

1. rowdan

rowdan Member

2 more questions.....

If I have a moded ps2 will this cd-r loader run or do I still need the swap trick?

also after the memcard exploit is loaded if I wana make one for a frind do I have to run the install again or can i just copy the files to a second memcard through the ps2 internal browser?

2. boaterw

boaterw Guest

jonjakjam and L-burna-
    Thanks for the helps guys. I'll give it a shot.

3. boaterw

boaterw Guest

Hey guys-
    Any idea why when I try to fix the LBA of system.cnf in the FILES folder at 12231 it doesn't stay fixed and shows up as W 13855 instead? Before I tried to fix the LBA, it was already 13855. Also, I'm using smd and cdgen to do this. thanks again

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I am not sure,but you would have to have a ipconfig file on the memory card to even connect right.Although I could be wrong on this,you might be able to use tunnel software somewhere.

Yeah,it will launch off modchip,fliptop,slidecard,and harddrive also.

I am sure it is possible to copy the systemconfig file to another memory card.The exploit is in Your SystemConfig file.When you look inside of your memory card it will be about 4MB or less than that,depends on how many apps you put in there.

Hey boaterw the LBA on the other system.cnf file in the Files folder doesn't need to be changed.When you change the LBA just stick with changing the LBA of the first system.cnf the one not even in a folder.Then leave everything else as it is.The system.cnf inside the Files folder should be left alone.If you need some more help man,come back and tell one of us alright.

5. rowdan

rowdan Member

ok so if i put the install files to the harddrive im puting in to my ps2 i can run the install from the HD?

6. rowdan

rowdan Member

ok i just got this "max drive" thing it is a usb pin drive for transfering save stuff from the pc to the ps2, any one know if i can install the memcard exploit from this max drive?

7. rowdan

rowdan Member

more spasificly can i install the hdloader exploit from the max drive

8. rowdan

rowdan Member

ok i loaded the hd loader on to my memcard useing the max drive, i stuck in one of the disks that was in the title.db list to try and run the HD Loader, but all it does is run the game like normal, am i missing some thing or doing some thing wrong?

9. Doodmar

Doodmar Member

Ok, kinda bummed out. Does anyone have a link to a swap trick for PS2 that doesn't require a Utility disk, swap magic, or GS/AR? I can't seem to get a hold of any of these items and this would be my best bet.

10. Ataxonu

Ataxonu Member

N/M When I get some free time this week I get back to messing with this shizzit!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ALL TRUE GAMERS PLAY ON EVERY PLATFORM![/small]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey rowdan it can be launched off the memory card for HDD use.I am not really sure about this,but maybe I can find something out to help you out.

Yeah man I put up a tutorial I found somewhere I think it is on the bottom of page 3 here.It talks about using the ARMax Pen Drive installing the memory card exploit.You will have to use ps2savebuilder and the .xps converter.

Yes it is possible man,and I am sure it works.The pen drive technique is just another method of storing the exploit files on mc or hdd.I think there are numerous ways in getting this to work,and using the pen drive is a pretty good method I must say.It will save you cd-r discs in the long run as for upgrading it if you want to.

Run me through the steps you used,and maybe I can help you out man.I am not sure what PS2 versions can work with this either,so using a newer PS2 could cause no progress in using this method.Another thing is that if you are using a Messiah modchip,this chip will not work with the exploit.I think I heard that somewhere also,but that is what I heard could be wrong on it.

Hey Doodmar see if you can get your hands on the dongle memory card man.I think jonjakjam was right about the memory card,without the dongle for it.I think it will not boot it up to install it on the memory card.If you want to get the swap magic discs,you can get them from a place like http://www.customPS2.com or you can always check the site.The GS/AR V2 builds are gonna be hard to find,and I think they are rare.Once they come out with newer builds the older builds seem to be gone man.You might have some luck on amazon or ebay,but I think you will just be getting ripped off with the discs man.They will probably charge you more the GS/AR V2 discs than you would expect.Your best bet would probably be the Swap Magic if these discs cost too much.You are gonna have to do a price comparison.

Cool Ataxonu glad to see you are messing with it more.The more ways this is possible the better it gets.

12. kujima

kujima Member

Ok I'll give it another try. Oh yeah 2 last q's. Since I'm using gameshark2v2 do I use the ps1 or the ps2 disc? And If the files are loaded correctly what should it look like on the screen?

13. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Use the PS2 version GS2 to install the exploit.
    once its installed you will get a black screen which says installation complete.
    Simple right? =)

14. kujima

kujima Member

I did get a black screen. then the red playstation screen what did I do?

15. Doodmar

Doodmar Member

Ok, my dad bought an AR MAX for PS2 today. I read that you can use a digital camera/usb card to transfer saves to the memory card.

I tried using my digital camera to do this but it doesn't appear on the device manager screen. Do I need to put a .max save on it for it to appear on the device screen? I read on another forum that you need to put the Max Drive software on the USB card in order to use it. What software is he talking about!?

Someone PLEASE help me!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  16. boaterw

boaterw Guest

hey guys-
    I can't get this figured out. I had my bin and cue files all made from cdgen. I load the disk I made and it says that installation is complete. When I try to access ps2menu with my trigger ps1 disk it doesn't load. The regular game loads instead. I made my title.db file with many different ps1 games with command prompt and also with titleman frontend. I think I have the title.db right. If someone can help me out I'd really appreciate it. I'm using SLUS-00617. thanks

17. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey kujima I think you are using a game that is not listed in the title.db or either is not a PS1 game to launch the exploit.It should be like this,use your boot disc or modchip to install the exploit.After you have completed this plug in a PS1 original game to launch the exploit everytime.The Slus of the PS1 disc should be located in the title.db file.

Hey Doodmar the ARMax guide I found is on page 3 man.If you have the ARMax right,just follow that guide and then save it to the card that is in the digital camera.Then transfer using usb to your memory card.Sorry if I am not specific on this,but you might have to look around to find some way to transfer it.

Hey boaterw I think if you use the the newest title.db maker gui version,and inject the system.cnf file from the PS1 game in the program.It will fix the file title.db,should give it the correct set as Slus goes.I am sure you can find this off of http://www.ps2savetools.com somewhere in there.Another thing is when you have your Slus file like this man SLUS-00617,it can always be this way too SLUS_00617 notice the line that is splitting the numbers from the SLUS.The issue with fixing your Slus file can be fixed by using the system.cnf file from the game you are trying to get the Slus from.If you could try this way I am sure you will get it.If not go ahead and send me a private message and I will be sure you get the program and further help.

18. kujima

kujima Member

Well burna after making 5 coasters I think you're right I cant use that game =(. But the only question I have is this.. what did it install on the memory card if it did'nt work? When I check the memory card after the process it makes a 5k file. I also found some pretty good info for burning pgen rom disc too if anyone needs.

19. Doodmar

Doodmar Member

Jonjakjam- just incase you didnt get my PM

What software did you use to be able to use your digital camera? Is it the software off codejunkies.com? If so, I can't get it to install on my Windows XP system, any ideas? thx

20. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey kujima what do you mean only a 5k file man.If that is the size of it,then something is wrong in building the disc man.I would say try again,but it is really up to you man.I am not gonna force you to keep trying over,but we could still have that run in with the title.db file.That has to be fixed by editing it,and to do that you would need a certain program man.If you want to continue on trying to get it fixed and all the bad issues you are gonna have to give me some more details on how you went about making the disc,and stuff like that man.I can help you out on fixing the title.db file also this is not a problem.It is the compilation that gets people.If the files are not in the right order or just a small mistake it can end up giving you very bad results like you said man coasters.