1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Maximize the use of PSP?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Paopao18, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Paopao18

Paopao18 Member

hi im newbie here, my brother just gave me a psp for my b-day now i dont know how to maximize the use of it. i've tried reading some forums but im getting more and more confused. how do i play these .cso and .iso files and do i need to install any software before i can play it? and what are these OE? i know my firmware is 3.03 but how do i know if its OE?

And another thing that really bother me is what i read about bricking the psp, from what i read, one wrong move and you will turn the psp into an expensive paper weight./wah Is it true? and if it happens is there a way to fix it? and what are the chances of doing it..

To anyone who will spend some time answering my questions i really appreciate the help.. thanks in advance

2. yohex

yohex Guest

Okay, to have full power of your psp, you need to downgrade, I'm pretty sure you understand that already, why do you need to downgrade, because the 1.5 already had homebrew enabled on it, so you could run homemade programs and ISO.

What is a ISO?
    they are game rips from the original game

what is a cso?
    these are the compressed versions of the ISO

3.03 OE-??
    this is custom firmware edition made by DarkAlex to give you the power of the newest sony firmware, but also retain all the power of 1.5 to allow you to run Homebrew and ISOs

And your psp is probably the official sony firmware, to check go to firmware and see if it says 3.03 OE-C if it does, then your brother did you a favour and downgrade and upgraded it for you.

To run isos you need to download them and put them on your memory card.

To downgrade 3.03 Watch my video tut located in my sig, it requires an Unpatched version of GTA:LS * grand theft auto Liberty Stories to check if its unpatched it should have the 2.00 update

and brick your psp can still happen, it is a risk you must take because it flashes your psp, so theres no way around it, but then the risk have been lower thanks to DarkAlex* a cool hacker/modder/everything * who made it 98% safe to downgrade.

3. Paopao18

Paopao18 Member

ok from what i have read, seems like the OE is the best as of now coz it will give the power of the newest sony firmware and retain the power of the 1.5 for homebrew and ISOs.. what do i need to do to have this OE? and another what is -A , -A' , -B , -C ?

thanks again.

4. yohex

yohex Guest

A,A',B,C is just the update of that custom firmware version because DarkAlex couldn't say the firmware was 3.11 cause that isn't out yet so he made is updates and letter extentions, to have OE-C, A or B you must first downgrade to 1.5 to do that, you would need a unpatched version of GTA* try looking for one in a used game shop or a rental shop like block buster or something*

Next you have to upgrade to the custom firmware which, can be done following my video tuts, and downloading the necessary files from www.psp-hacks.com

5. Paopao18

Paopao18 Member

6. yohex

yohex Guest

You can't download the unpatched version, because even if you do your psp won't be able to run it, to find a unpatched version of GTA just go to a rental game store that has old games in stock or a place that sells used games like ebgames, or so. If you want and trust Ebay you can look there.

7. kaka14

kaka14 Member

My brother just got a new PSP and he wont stop crying because his friend has an awsome Pokemon game on his PSP and ive looked at alot of different websites and they all dont work and ive read bout a brick thing and that doesent sound good so if i could get like instructions on how to do it that would be awsome!!!

Thanks to whoever answers me

8. kaka14

kaka14 Member

PS. he has Verson 3.11.

9. sports33

sports33 Member

10. kaka14

kaka14 Member

that was confusing but i think i got it but how do i downgrade from 3.11. to whatever i need to download the pokemon thinky

thanks to whoever answers me

11. paul91

paul91 Regular member

kaka im sorry but u cant downgrade 3.11 - u have to wait for a downgrader for that firmware

12. Paopao18

Paopao18 Member

paul i think your a filipino, me too. where can i get this unpatched version of GTA LCS here?

13. kaka14

kaka14 Member

Bummer

14. paul91

paul91 Regular member

filipino? wtf is a filipino lol?

15. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

are you joking? thats already been discussed in this thread. read up.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  16. Paopao18

Paopao18 Member

coz your ISP is Eastern Telecom Phils., Inc

17. paul91

paul91 Regular member

lol! no that is YOUR ISP. not mine. the picture in my sig contains all the details of the person viewing it. e.g. it will tell you YOUR ISP, web browser, IP address etc

a lot of people get confused by it :D

18. Paopao18

Paopao18 Member

wow, cool.. You got me there.. lol

would it be safer if i bring my psp to a shop and have it downgraded there to 1.5 and upgraded to 3.03 OE-C than me doing it on my own?

im really scared of bricking my psp since i dont have the money to replace it..

19. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

I dont think ud ever find a shop that would do it, maby look around for someone knowledgeable around ur community, but its not like they can give u a warrenty or anything. mod chips are another story.

20. yohex

yohex Guest

Actually their are loads of shop that would downgrade your psp for you, I know one, because my friend works there, they downgrade your psp for you, and if they brick it they add a modchip, downgrading without the modchip was just to save money for them. =D too bad I work at tim hortons and I can't get a job there.