1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to mod 360 questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by 115729, Jul 4, 2007.

1. 115729

115729 Guest

Hi, I have successfully modded my original Xbox, and I know a lot about computer hardware and software, but I don’t know to much about modding a 360. I just want to be able to play burnt games, on my 360, and still get online. I would like to be able to play the burnt games online, but I don’t know if that’s possible without getting banned. Also is there a way where I can mod my Xbox so I can just backup 360 games to a hard drive, like I can on my original Xbox, and still be able to play online? Do I have to have a dual layer burner to burn 360 games? Also which would you recommend, get a mod chip, or soft mod it (if the 360 can be softmodded). I softmodded my original Xbox and put a new hard drive in it so I do have experience with that. Once again I would just like to know how I can backup 360 games and play them on my 360. Thanks in advance

2. nmpue

nmpue Guest

I think the latest Samsung firmwares you can play online.
    If you've got a Hitachi I think they're still working on it.
    You can't play games off the hard drive, not yet anyway.
    Yes, you will need a dual layer burner.
    To make life easier, buy a Samsung SH-D162C PC drive, then flash it with Kreon's firmware. With Xbox Backup Creator, just a few clicks and you can backup your game.
    Use either ImgBurn or CloneCD to burn onto DVD+R DL.

3. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

nmpue pretty much answer everything. note latest FW to play online without getting banned is ixtreme 1.2. good luck

4. 115729

115729 Guest

Ok thanks for your help, can anyone put a link out to a step by step guide to modding the 360 plz.

5. johnhand

johnhand Guest

IS IT possible to flash a SAMMY drive via laptop???? if so can you point to a link were this has been confirmed or the correct PMICA card

THANKS

6. vladser

vladser Member

SS required at offset #FC021E.....What does this mean? I see a lot of the new chip say no flashing required. It also says this at the end. What does this mean. Do I need to some how flash the mod chip? xeno 360.

7. steimy

steimy Active member