1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to mod halo 2 for 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by goldcovie, Feb 19, 2007.

1. goldcovie

goldcovie Member

help!! ok ive never modded before in my life and am having a little trouble starting off all i want to do right now is mod halo 2! how the hell i do that??!!! wat program wat do i need to connect it 2 ah god
    please someone
    HELP!!??

2. Trafford

Trafford Guest

How do you mean mod?
    If your copy is an original, just pop it in the tray and Xbox LIVE will automatically ibstall updates to enable it to play.

3. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

As of right now, the only way to mod Halo 2 on your Xbox 360 is with some sort of SATA adapter. Datel recently created a product called XSATA which fits in between your Xbox 360 and the hardrive. Once you got that, I can help you from there. I was actually thinking of writing a tutorial soon.

4. goldcovie

goldcovie Member

alright sweet thanks this Xsata thing or w/e where do u get it and how much?

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

thats not true, if you have a sata port on your computer motherboard then you can just plug it up with a sata cable and make sure your power supply has a sata power plug, or you can use a molex to sata adapter thing but once its hooked up you can use xplorer 360 to read the drive and dump and add files to it!

6. goldcovie

goldcovie Member

mike u completely lost me all i need to know is wat i need to have if i have it already if not where to get it and how much? so wat thingy do i have to have on my comp and wat does it look like so ill check if its on there i dont think it is but its just safe to check

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

you need something that looks like this:

[​IMG]

and you need a cord that looks like this:

[​IMG]

and you might need an adapter that looks like this:

[​IMG]

If you dont have the above, then the XSATA is the best thing to get cause its cheapest, but if you have onboard sata on your motherboard you would be best to just get the other stuff

8. goldcovie

goldcovie Member

no im pretty sure i dont have one of those and i looked up the xsata thing and that looks like the best way to go and um does the 360 xplorer come with the xsata thing?

9. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

I believe it does. I never even checked because I just downloaded Xplorer 360 off the internet. But when I said SATA adapter I was meaning either a port on your computer's motherboard or one of the many ones you can buy off the web. But if you don't want to have to deal with taking apart your Xbox 360 then XSATA is right for you. It's only $50 and is about $57 with standard shipping when ordering from CodeJunkies.com

I always seem to assume people know what I mean, sorry.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  10. goldcovie

goldcovie Member

lol its ight man no big deal there and thank you and this sucks cause i really dont have the money right now but ill see wat i can do and after i get the damn thing im gonna need help with knowing wat folders to put shit in and modding programs and shit so ill prolly need u again
    lol
    and thanks again

11. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Well I'll most likely do the tutorial this weekend, like early in the morning when nobody is playing Gears, lol.

12. goldcovie

goldcovie Member

sweet when u get it done post a link on here ight peace

13. pjdawg99

pjdawg99 Member

all u need its xport which is 40$ u can get it at best buy circuti city... u need to downlaod xplorer 360 beta 5 and if u dont have mods u need to get a program to make them or if u have a windows live account i can send u mine go so www.se7ensins.com/forums and click under the 360 section

14. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

15. goldcovie

goldcovie Member

sweet dude that is amazing but now wat about other mods??
    like gun mods and stuff like that?
    cna nice job on the tutorial it was good

16. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Well once you extract the Halo2 map then you can mod it however you like. I just used applying patches to the maps for beginners that just want to mod, and don't care what the mods are. So once you got a copy of the map on your computer you can use the various modding programs that are available like DotHalo, Entity, and Insolence to make your own mods. But you still have to resign them with the map resigner I supplied you guys with. Which is Coolspot's Map Resigner (CMR).