1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to mpeg a filewhich as ac3 audio

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by sevns8, Feb 15, 2003.

1. sevns8

sevns8 Guest

please tell me how to mpeg a file with ac3 audio

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

3. sevns8

sevns8 Guest

i got that prog.
    now what?

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You got to set it up to encode avi to vcd/svcd. I would recommend vcd if you are using TMPGEnc. CCE SP is best for SVCD but very expensive.

Follow these steps..

Click Misc. Change Input file type to AVI and Output filetype to Mpeg-1.

Click CD images and select "Don't make images"

Click Audio, change audio 1 birate to 224 and if there is an option to downsample 48 > 44.1hz then select it too

Click Encoder. You will need to get TMPGEnc for this http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/tmpgenc.cfm
    Just unzip and place in any folder (or you might get an installation i cant remember). Anyway, select TMPGEnc as your encoder. You now have to specify where the tmpgenc.exe is, so click the little folder icon beside the TMPGEnc x.xx box! Now just double click tmpgenc.exe.

Now if I were you I would create a "movie" folder under c:\ (or whatever your hard drive letter is). When you have that made, click the folder beside the save in folder box and select the movie folder! Make sure the Rate Control Mode to Constant Birate CBR. There is also a motion search precision option that will determine video quality so I'll leave that up to you!

Click Birate, change min, max and max.avg to 1150.

Click Pulldown, and once again set the save in folder option to your c:\movies foler.

Click bbMpeg and once again change the save in folder option!

Now click conversion! The file is probably NTSC so if you live in europe select NTSC to PAL. It might of course already be PAL but not usually! Now we have to set the aspect ratio of your movie. Click Go and click Preview Video (Still Picture). It will look squashed in front right to left but what you're looking for is whether it is strethed from top to bottom. If it is then change aspect ratio to 16:9. This conversion takes a long time so I think you'd be better off if you select auto shutdown and encode over night but thats up to you. Click Go - start conversion.

It will start the conversion for you and when it is finished, you're movie files will be in c:\movies

Good luck!