1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Over-ride Copy Protection

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dumb-o, Sep 30, 2004.

1. dumb-o

dumb-o Member

I downloaded dvd43 and am using Roxio DVD Creator ver. 6 on Win XP Home.

My dvd burner still reads the dvds as "copy protected" and thus is not able to burn them.

Do I need more software? Am I neglecting something?

Please help the dumb-o!! Thanks!

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Try playing the movie on your pc for a couple of seconds before you try decrypting it.
    Sometimes you need to do this to unlock the encryption.

3. dumb-o

dumb-o Member

Thanks Agent K!

I have been intensely reading through the forums and the guides to help myself before asking others. I have found good info, but now have more questions--sorry . . .

Could my problem be due to size of the dvds? As the website states: if the dvd is more than 4.4 GB, problemsmay occur when attempting to copy these oversized dvds. Could this be my problem, or are the "symptoms" different for that problem?

thanks again!!

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

That would give you a error saying not enough space on disc. Why not download DVDshrink, its free. It will decrypt, rip to your HD, and compress oversized dvd movies to fit the blank media. You can get the download off the software tab at page top and then get the guide for using it off the guide tab. It requires a burning program like Decrypter(also free) or Nero to do the actual burnback. The guides will show you how to use them.

Jerry

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

As Jerry quite rightly stated DVD Shrink will do what you need & all thats needed besides that is DVD Decrypter [both free] :)

Roxio is something I always suggest to uninstall as it's usually found to be totally rubbish at what it claims to able to do...

Handy place for DVD Shrink guide(s): http://www.dvdshrink.info/