1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to patch your games with topology data for LT+ 3.0

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by funksoulb, Dec 25, 2011.

1. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

EDIT - The new version of abgx360 has been released since I wrote this guide, and it will patch games for use with LT+ 3.0 as well as creating a .DVD file if you need one, so it's much easier just to use that now: -

http://www.abgx360.net/download.php

Original guide: -

LT+ 3.0 requires that any AP2.5 protected games are patched with topology data and re-burned. Here's a guide on how to do that. Make sure you read it carefully as I will not be held responsible if you make mistakes and end up flagging your console!

Games that are covered by the topology patches included in this guide: -

All current XGD3 games apart from the XGD3 version of Halo: Reach
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Call of Duty: Black Ops
    Halo: Reach (XGD2 version only)

If you have any other AP2.5 protected games, do not use these patches to patch them or it will not work! The XGD3 patch is not guaranteed to work with future releases, so use it at your own risk.

UPDATE - Some untested (by me anyway) patches for other XGD2 titles can be found in post #18 of this thread. Try them at your own risk! If they work OK, please report back and let us know.

1. Download the required files

Download the latest version of Xbox Backup Creator and the topology patches, HERE.

IMPORTANT - There are 2 topology patches in the zip. The XGD3 topology patch can be used for all current XGD3 titles apart from the XGD3 version of Halo: Reach. The XGD2 topology patch can be used for Black Ops, Modern Warfare 2 and Halo: Reach (XGD2 version) only.

2. Patch the ISO

Fire up Xbox Backup Creator. Click on the Image Tools tab. Underneath Action, select "Inject". Click the AP25 Sector button and you will be prompted to select your ISO file, so select it. You'll then be prompted to select the topology bin file, so select that. Make sure you select the correct bin file! Once you've done this, in the main window of Xbox Backup Creator you'll see a message that the AP25 sector has been injected, so now you can move on to stage 3.

3. Burn the ISO

If you still have the .DVD file that matches your ISO, you can just burn as normal and you're done. Follow THIS guide if you're not sure what to do.

If you don't have a .DVD file (e.g. if you ripped the ISO from a backup disc) then you can create one manually using the steps below.

3a. Manually create a .DVD file for XGD2 games

Open Notepad and type in the following: -

LayerBreak=1913760
    nameofiso.iso

Make sure you change "nameofiso.iso" to the actual name of the ISO, so for instance, if your ISO is called fable2.iso then in Notepad it would look like this: -

LayerBreak=1913760
    fable2.iso

Now save your Notepad text file, again, using the same name as your ISO. So, in the example above, you would end up with a text file called fable2.txt.

Now all you need to do is rename the text file and change the .txt extension to .dvd and you're ready to burn.

3b. Manually create a .DVD file for XGD3 games

Open Notepad and type in the following: -

LayerBreak=2133520
    nameofiso.iso

Make sure you change "nameofiso.iso" to the actual name of the ISO, so for instance, if your ISO is called gears3.iso then in Notepad it would look like this: -

LayerBreak=2133520
    gears3.iso

Now save your Notepad text file, again, using the same name as your ISO. So, in the example above, you would end up with a text file called gears3.txt.

Now all you need to do is rename the text file and change the .txt extension to .dvd and you're ready to burn.

FAQ - What does "AP25 cannot locate dae.bin file" mean in XBC?

Ignore it. DAE.bin is no longer required for ripping/patching games for LT+ 3.0.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  2. craig1975

craig1975 Regular member

Once again another great tutorial.Good job, Keep them coming.

3. Jav89

Jav89 Member

and after you do all this(injecting topology), can we just write the iso using XBC on a dual layer dvd on any dual layer drive(the drive burned games before using truncated method) or do you need a certain drive with certain firmware?

4. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

Am i right in thinking this is the same procedure for Battlefield 3 aswell, Just want to make sure before i bite the bullet...
    EDIT: Ok i have done it and it said it had injected the bin file but just above this it says AP25 cannot locate dae.bin file.. Is this normal?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  5. Jav89

Jav89 Member

Yup. All XGD3 games to date can be done with this except Halo Reach

6. Jav89

Jav89 Member

should be grand. dae.bin is not used anymore. thats the whole point of the topology data i do believe

7. palwill

palwill Regular member

merry Christmas indeed, great tut.

8. shcklfrd

shcklfrd Member

Question on the topology patch, c4eva has said that each disc has/may have different topology and if you mix and match them you will probably be flagged. (or maybe he meant newer games, I don't know) so is this patch for XGD3 games universal for everything thats out now? I believe Skyrim / AC: Revelations being the most current.

9. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

Cheers lads... have done it and all seems to have patched ok.. fingers crossed i gonna burn it later... cheers again.. merry xmas to all

10. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Just to answer a couple of questions: -

The "cannot find dae.bin" error makes no difference, so ignore that.

These patches come from c4e/Team Xecuter. I wouldn't post up random crap from P2P sources. Check the README.txt file included in the zip for more info.

Merry Christmas!

11. Coopertrooper

Coopertrooper Member

Sorry guys I'm new to this but Im wondering how many games are in xdg3 format like da ap2.5 there where only like six games is the same win xdg3 or all games after a certain date can anyone help

12. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

The read me says that the patch is suitable for all XGD3 games with this disc profile ID:

0C3DF524599094E6CB87ECC8-F87A804E

where do I get the disc profile ID? Isnt that something unique to each disc?

13. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

It also says: -

This was known about well before c4eva announced LT+ 3.0, because the xk3y team said the exact same thing about their patches. It's not unique to each disc, otherwise you wouldn't be able to use the same patch for multiple games.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-152/list_of_games_that_will_need_patching_for_lt_3_0-920206/

14. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

Confirmed working...although, in xbc when i inject the top data, xbc does not report anything in the window, but at the bottom of the window it does say "operation completed", i did however burn anyway and everything works, just wondering if this what everyone is getting or are you getting some words or whatever in the window, thanks.

15. snickle

snickle Regular member

Where is this Universal patch everyone is talking about?

16. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

very first post in this thread

1. Download the required files

Download the latest version of Xbox Backup Creator and the topology patches, .

IMPORTANT - There are 2 topology patches in the zip. The XGD3 topology patch can be used for all current XGD3 titles apart from the XGD3 version of Halo: Reach. The XGD2 topology patch can be used for Black Ops, Modern Warfare 2 and Halo: Reach (XGD2 version) only.

17. coorva

coorva Regular member

very nice tut,thanks again,

18. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Here are patches for the 3 remaining XGD2 games, but read this post in full before using them: -

http://www.multiupload.com/E1HOZO0JV1

These have NOT been tested by me, so try them at your own risk.

Also, check that the game identifier - the 8 character code in the file name - matches your version of the game. You can see which version of the game you have by running the ISO through abgx360.

These patches will work ONLY with the following versions of the games: -

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Region Free (Multi 5)
    Fable 3 - Region Free (Multi 8)
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - PAL ONLY (Multi 5)

Again, try them at your own risk. I do not have a patch for the US version of NFS: Hot Pursuit.

If you do try them and they work, it would be helpful if you could report back. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  19. digiboom

digiboom Member

Signed up just to say thanks..I love a good straight forward tutorial. Cheers brother for all your assistance. Waiting on amazon to show up with my Ihas so i can get around to actually burning.

20. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

Why is XBC still looking for dae.bin file if its not needed anymore?

Xbox Backup Creator v2.9 Build:0350 By Redline99

Found ODD: hp CDDVDW TS-L633N 0300 at [E]
    Additional Info: HM

Nero v7.5.14.2
    ImgBurn 2.5.6.0 is available
    ImgBurn - The Ultimate Image Burner! by LIGHTNING UK!

AP25 cannot locate dae.bin file