1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to play burned ps2 games without mod-chip or Swap Magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rahulmutt, Jan 4, 2005.

1. rahulmutt

rahulmutt Member

I just got a new ps2 and I made a backup of my Jak 2 and when I put it into my ps2(slim version) it said,"Insert Playstation or Playstation 2 format disk". so does anyone know how to make it work without mod-chip or swap magic?
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. hursty

hursty Regular member

sprinkle it with magic dust....lol..
    its not possible to play ps2 games WITHOUT any sort of help.i.e,swapmagic,modchip,hdloader.
  4. rahulmutt

rahulmutt Member

What's hdloader?
  5. hursty

hursty Regular member

loading games from your pc to ps2
    swap magic is your cheapest bet.
    www.swapmagic3.com
    check out this site for more info
  6. Rusty2

Rusty2 Member

you cant do swap magic with the slim version ps2! it doesnt have the automatic disc tray thus...its not possible! there is a way and all you have to do is tape something down, i think. search the forums for it.
  7. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Recently, there is a brand new product called "Magic Switch" available in the market. (News from Linker4u.com). By the Magic Switch, we can use Swap Magic 3.3 on the latest PS2 console SCPH-7000X.

www.swapmagic3.com

8. landk916

landk916 Member

there is suposed to be a ps2 memory card with the stuff in it that the swap magic disk have on them.
    has anyone heard of this? does any one know the name of it or where to buy it?
  9. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

You're completely wrong Rusty. Here's what you need to get the new slimline v12s to work with backups.

1.) Swap Magic with ps2lid (http://www.ps2lid.com) or magic tool.
    2.) One of the newer chips with added fixes.

Dig around the forums, and you'll find info on it.
    I can personally attest for the ps2lid/SM combo. I've been using it on my v12 for close to a week now, and my backups work fine.
  10. kangpae86

kangpae86 Member

I tried to burn a ps2 game but can't seem to get it to work!! how do you guys burn your ps2 games? i inserted the game into my dvd burner and tried using dvd shrink to xtract everyting to my harddrive so i can burn it on a dvd but it won't extract!! somebody please help!
  11. lukdaman

lukdaman Member

Hey i have a version 4 ps2 and i use Swap Magic it says its Sawp Magic DVD version 2.0 USA Version just to get the actualy name. But my question is for the people out there that might have the same problem as me. Lots of games i boot up with the swap magic play very slow on my ps2, like the cut cenes skip and stop and freeze and the loading times are horrific and make me very angry at times. Is there a way to make this go faster? like to tweak the laser to make it go faster or something like that? if there is i would be willing to do wahtever it takes from having to buy a new ps2 and spending liek 300 dollars in expense. I am very good and taking these ps2's apart and fixing them but i dont know how to make it go faster. SO if there is someone out there that knows how to fix this please reply. Thanks
  12. hursty

hursty Regular member

@KANGPAE

dvd shrink is for movie files
    you need to use dvd decrypter

MODE>ISO>READ
    MODE>ISO>WRITE
    (burn the MDS)
    AT THE SLOWEST SPEED

thats it
  13. kangpae86

kangpae86 Member

I got it!! i am able to play backups now...but why do you have to burn at the slowest speed? i burned at max...will that affect my game? also, can games only be burned on dvd-r or would dvd+r work too? thanks.
  14. lukdaman

lukdaman Member

i'm wondering what program you use to burn double layered dvd's on?
  15. mini_mod

mini_mod Member

The faster the burn speed is set to the higher the probability that the disc will have errors on it when completed.
  16. Doulley

Doulley Guest

u need somethink i dont care what anyone says dont use swap magic i know its good but ur laser hates it i have a pic on this web site showing what swap magic did to this laser the acrylic was bubbling it burnt so bad yet smelled so good! GET A MOD CHIP
  17. lukdaman

lukdaman Member

haha yea i know modchip[s are better but i bought taht shit off my uncle and it has some gay ass old modchip in i t taht only read cd-r rips lol so i got swap magic but i think i'll get a new ps2 cause mine is shittay.
  18. kangpae86

kangpae86 Member

sooooo....is it possible to burn games onto dvd+r?? or just dvd-r only works??
  19. clouser

clouser Guest

yes it is possible to burn to +rs or -rs your burner just has to support them.
  20. keras

keras Regular member

Some of the older models can only read -r (v1-3 i believe, but don't shoot me if I'm off a little on that). The newer models can read both +/-. Mine is a version 4 and it reads both. Just look around and find a media that works and stick with it
  21. clouser

clouser Guest

iv got a version 5 it only reads certian +rs witch sucks but thankfuly most of my stuff is in -rs.

and your right keras the v1-v3s only read -rs.