1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to play copy cd without any mod chip or swap disk

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dil_17, Apr 11, 2005.

1. dil_17

dil_17 Member

Hi guys,

there is anyway of copying cd so that you can play game without any mode chip or swap disk ...if any one knows please reply..

2. Mufc_Rule

Mufc_Rule Regular member

Think you will find you cant..
    Maybe I am wrong though

3. dil_17

dil_17 Member

there should be some way to copy files that way ...so you can play.. without modchip or swap disk.

becasue swap disk is bit...not good ..becasue the cover will be open every time yoiu play so you know what i mean dust will spoil the lens

...dude ..

4. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

If yoy have a flip top the cover stays down why playing.. No need to worry about Dust.. There is no way to play a DVD or CD based game without Swapmagic... or Modchip....

5. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Ps2 games are actually pressed DVD/CD discs, they are not burned. Original games use the Burst Cutting Area (BCA) of the disc to identify themselves to the PS2 unit. The BCA is not part of a disc that you can burn on, it is only replicated on pressed discs.

So, the only way to play backups is to get boot-discs or a mod-chip.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

flip top is the best method, and like stated above, the top does not stay open when you play.

7. dil_17

dil_17 Member

thanks guys ..for the advise ...and thanks...i didnt wast my time on the internet...searching maybe there is somekind of copy system ..

so itmeans playing copy games only possible ..by swap disk..or modchip..ok..do you know any site where i can order modchip...which not required soldering you....just you can open your ps2 new model..i mean the small one ..and fix the mod chip...actually my cousin wants and he is not use to this ...swap disk kind of things.

AND SECOND THING

TMFLORIA:- YOU MENTIONED If yoy have a flip top the cover stays down why playing...HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE...COULD YOU HELP ..MANY THANKS..

.....OPS... ASTALAVISTA BABY

FM

8. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

The Fliptop open and closes and locks itself into place and had the White Plastic Disc inside of it.. Just like the part of the original cover.. and that helps spin the disc and keep it in place also....

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

If you use the swap disc, the playstation will stop spinning to allow you to swap discs. Using the flip top allows you to change the discs so the playstation will not detect the use of the eject button and reset itself. Hope that helps.

10. dil_17

dil_17 Member

how i wil get flip top
    becasue as you mentioned

flip top allows you to change the discs so the playstation will not detect the use of the eject button and reset itself. Hope that helps.

11. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

The flip-top is a modification for the ps2. Just allows the top of the ps2 to flip open, kinda like a psx, but without using the reset button. Ofcourse you will have to use the swap disks as well. I use the slide tool myself, which is this little card like thing that lets you open the tray without the ps2 noticing. It gets quite annoying using it after a while, the flip-top is easier. Make sure you buy things for the new model. I think u meant u had the slim ps2? Sorry, I don't really understand what you said.

12. alanld

alanld Guest

I have seen where people just take the top off of their PS2, cut a large square hole in the top, and cover it with a cd case while they play a game. Its cheaper than buying a flip top, but it doesn't look as good. I however do not recommend this, as the laser is very dangerous to your eyes! Go check out...

www.dms3.com

and buy yourself a DMS4 EZI. Its completely solderless as it just snaps into place. Believe me, swaping those discs gets to become a pain in the arse.

13. dil_17

dil_17 Member

how do i order flip top cover....

14. dil_17

dil_17 Member

sorry ...i didnt mentioned for which ps2

yes the new one slim one ...how do i order the flip top cover..for swaping the cd..

15. sephton66

sephton66 Guest

16. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

Those dms chips or expensive wow. Does n-e-one know a cheaper reiliable place to get one?

17. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.dms3.com/cgi-bin/dms4ezi/site.pl?page=distributors
    check this site for the official distributors of the DMS4 EZI solderless chip. But yes that are pretty pricey right now because they are new. But if you spend the money and get the DMS4 Pro EZI chip you will love it.

I have one of the DMS4 Pro chips soldered into my slim PSTwo and love it.

18. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

so this new one just snaps right on it says. I should save up and buy since swapping is such a pain. Does n-e-one have this ez snap chip?

19. 2ps2

2ps2 Guest

Can swap magic play ps1 games, rip ps2, or scene released games?

20. alanld

alanld Guest

2ps2...to my knowledge swap magic can only play your legal ps2 backups. If you want to play ps1 backups on swap magic, you have to invest in codebreaker. Personally I dislike swap magic because it has a lower success rate than a mod chip and its a pain in the arse.

Akazecks...the DMS4 is well worth it. I have one of the DMS4 EZI Pro chips. I didn't have to solder a single wire! Its very easy to install, just make sure to take your time, and read the instructions very carefully. There is a couple clips that fit into place over two of the ic chips. Whenever Team Toxic comes out with a new bios version, all you have to do is burn it to a cd, and put it in your PS2. NO DISC SWAPPING! I'm not sure what the exact success rate is, but I can tell you that it is MUCH better than swap magic!

If you are interested in a DMS4, you might want to read the installation manual...

http://www.dms3.com/dms4ezi/downloads/Installation_Manual/DMS4_EZI_Installation_v1.4.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2005