1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to play DVD-R backups with a non solder mod chip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by addo123, Apr 1, 2003.

1. addo123

addo123 Member

Hi i have installed a version 4 non solder modchip. I works with a cd-r game with an action replay v2.3 but i cannot get it to play a dvd-r backup. I have tried several different ways i have read on the net. I have just bought some Swap Magic v2 disks and hopefully these should work.

Has anyone had the same trouble with DVD-R backups and knows how to play them with an action replay or has used the Swap Magic disks. Thanks. Glenn

2. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

The Swap Magic Disks you oredered will work fine.
    To boot with just AR2 you need a big original game disk(GTA Vice City works).At the AR2 Menu open the tray normally and insert the original DVD game.Then after about 30 seconds "Start Game" "With or Without codes(with codes make sure the codes you are going to use are preloaded)"at the "Insert game disk and push X" screen do the swap from original DVD to BackUp Game disk.and press "x".This is how I've benn doing it for a long time.

3. addo123

addo123 Member

ok then the swap magic disks work fine. Action replay is awful i recommend that anyone who has the choice between the two should definately buy the swap magic disks as they are much easier to use and actually work!!!!

4. bluntman

bluntman Member

What do you think of the gameshark 2. i heard that anything after v1.93 does not boot dvd-r's. i cant get my v2 to boot them, even with the dave mirra and update code list tricks should i buy swap magic too?

5. addo123

addo123 Member

I havent used the gameshark. I have tried using an action replay trying every different method on the net and none of them worked. The swap magic disks that i got do work tho and they are very easy and quick to use. I would recommend these.

6. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Gameshark and Action Replay are the same thing just different names.Same codes too.The booting method I posted above will work for Gameshark v.2.I know because that is what I have.