1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to play dvd-r movies on ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by applez, Mar 23, 2004.

1. applez

applez Member

ok guys no smartass remarks lol
    i wanna know how i can if at all play dvd-r moives on ps2 ..i got it backup using tdk media ur help u b greatly apprcieated..

ive got a messiah v2 mod chip in it

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

you dont even need a mod to play dvd video... as dvd-r of a dvd video is the same for the ps2... in other words just insert the dvd-r movie and hit reset.. thats all...

3. refreak

refreak Member

Can't be that easy.

I've copied a number of dvd movies to dvd-r but none of these disk will play in the ps2. The sessions are closed. The disks do play on any other commercial dvd player EXCEPT the ps2.

What's the deal? Do I need to use different media? Right now I'm using GQ dvd-r's. Should I be ramping up to something expensive like Apple DVD-r's or Verbatim?

I didn't think you needed to mod the ps2 to play movies...since Swap Magic doesn't even give you an option called "play non-ps2 movie dvd's"

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

dvd movie backups will play on the ps2 without any mod to the ps2 what burning software are you using to burn your dvd movie backups?

5. refreak

refreak Member

Toast 6.0.3

That's bizarre. =( So nobody else has had this !@#$% problem?

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

so from that info i guess your using a mac.Dont know anything about that software but could just be the format that toast burns in that is incompatable with the ps2 but someone on the dedicated afterdawn dvd forums may be able to help better
    sorry cant help you with that one