1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to play games downloaded from bitlord or bittorrent

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by kai2589, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kai2589

kai2589 Member

Hi everyone. Sorry to bethor you'll, but after searching on the internet for about 2 weeks and not getting closer to my question, i've decided to post. And, by the way, im a newb. Anyways, i downloaded a few games off of bitlord, a bittorrent client. After i finish download, and go to open the game, a popup screen comes on that says "task already existed". I've read about opening it with winrar and stuff, but i don't know how that works. Can someone please tell me step by step as to how to get a game working after you download it? I've heard about daelon tools, which i have installed on my computer. Basically, i think i have installed on my computer all the software i've heard you need. I just need to know how to use them and exactly what to do to get the games working. ANy help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. marvelz

marvelz Member

are they PC games/PS2/XBOX games etc etc...

If they are a console game you will need your console modded in some form either a chip or swap disks,

if its a PC game and what you download is a *.ISO file then you need a program like Daemon Tools or Alchole 120% to mount the imgine and run it.
  4. kai2589

kai2589 Member

Hi. It's a PC game. the first thing, before i can mount it with daemon tools is to actually open the file. After a download the game, and i click on the file, it just says task already existed. I don't know how to open it, or if it's actually stored somewhere else. That's my first problem, actually finding the game. Anyone know what to do, please help a newb. I'm very confused.
  5. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

They should be in compressed format.
    Extract the file then mount and/or burn.
    [​IMG]
  6. kai2589

kai2589 Member

Hi. Thanks I'll try that, and let you know what happends. Still trying to find where all the files are saved though. Man, i wish i wasn't such a newb. lol
  7. kai2589

kai2589 Member

Hi again everyone. Looks like i managed to extract the file, and i'm running the installation now. By the way, it's empire earth II. It's asking me for the password. I don't have a password. Does anyone have one i can use, or does anyone know where to get a password? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to the people who have read this and have helped me.
  8. kai2589

kai2589 Member

Hi. sorry about that. forget about the password. I found one. OMG. im such an idiot. Now i gotta download disk 2. I really hope this works. I'll post soon.
  9. frederiqu

frederiqu Member

hi i have the same problem like kai and i like to install it to but it ain't working with extract , if it is any help i have deamon tools
  10. bostondan

bostondan Member

hey guys...i have somewhat of the same problem...I have an ISO file, that i downloaded from bit torrent, and its a pc game. and i wasnt sure how to get it started, so i followed the directions for using Daemon Tools, and that worked, and i got to install the pc game, and when i went to start it up, an error message came up telling me to insert the original disc, so i am assuming its looking for the pc game disc...i just wanted to know if there was anyway around that...and if not, if there are games i can download, that dont require me to insert the original disc
  11. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

well

Most likely you didn't follow the instructions from the included .nfo, use notepad to open it. There was probably something ELSE you had to do, but I can't say it here, because it's illegal.

Beyond that, you might have to enable emulation from w/i daemon tools, but I figger it's more likely that you need to read your .nfo.

PEACE.

PS--ALWAYS READ THE .NFO
  12. bostondan

bostondan Member

hey thanks...i saw the notepad thing.....thanks for the tip...and i see the OTHER thing that i am supposed to do...but the problem is, is that i dont know what it means...or what i actually have to do, to do that....can you message me on aim? if so...my name is mannydanchon6969.....message me...and we can talk there..i would really appreciate it...if not with aim...maybe i could email you
  13. manson187

manson187 Member

Ok so im lost here i got the G3 Torrent program but when i try to dl a torrent file it wont start the download. im not sure on what to do
  14. blaise21

blaise21 Member

i got a problem i have downloaded F.E.A.R and The Godfather The Game and i cant seem to play anyone one of them. i downloaded them of off bit comit. i extracted them and have deamon tools also i need some help bad if some one can please help me send me and email or something please. [bold][e-mail removed][/bold]
    Last edited: May 15, 2006
  15. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

No e-mail addresses or offensive posts !! last warning [read forum rules before being banned]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.