1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to play music on your ps3 while gaming

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by bainsford, Feb 10, 2008.

1. bainsford

bainsford Member

Hi, can anyone help me with using the music player whilst playing games ?

2. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Impossible to do so in-game atm. We have to wait until they finally decide to release the in-game xmb.

3. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

It IS possible in a way to have in game music.All you need to do is connect your PS3 phono leads to the line in of your PC,that way you could play your music and hear the game sound as well.

4. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Kind of over elaborate when you could just as easily play the music from the computer speakers while playing the game.

5. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Yes but the way i explained means your music and game audio are coming out of the same speakers,and its quite a simple setup.

6. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Simple but unnecessary when you have access to a computer beside you that you can play music off of.

The only good use I've seen for hooking the PS3's audio into the computer so far was from someone on afterdawn, I forget who it was, but they hooked up the audio to the computer and played it though a bluetooth headset so he could hear both the chat and the in-game noises while still having a mic. Quite handy if its late at night or you dont want to disturb people around you.

7. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

True but then wont that way mean that your Music will be coming out of one set of speakers and your game audio coming out of another set of speakers,to me that is unnecessary.

I mean you have both your PC and PS3 hooked up to the TV,so why not utilize the PC when its sitting right beside the PS3,also the way i have explained wont lead to the level of unbalance of sound that yours does.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  8. ibizagti

ibizagti Regular member

I'm with marcusita on this one(in fact he gave me the idea to do it).
    Hooking the PS3 audio up to the Line-In on your sound card does give a good balance between the music and the game noise. Its also a bonus for me as I can use my PC speakers with the PS3, as they are a lot better than the speakers i have for my TV.

Dan

9. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Don't mean to seem rude but I fail to see how the balance could be that different unless you have turned one of the two up way too far. Yes it may be easier to balance but its not that much harder.

The only downside to using them separately is where the sounds are coming from could be a pain if you had two different surround sound systems playing from different areas. Not a problem for me because the only surround sound I have is for the computer so it's not like the random sounds can screw with me as I'm focused on listening to one place.

10. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Canuckerz lets just agree to disagree on the subject.

Just one thing,what speakers are your PS3 using,yur PCs or your TVs.

11. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

And without further ado my funky sound system.
    [​IMG]
    The 4.1 PC speakers are in blue.
    The two red tower speakers are 200 watts each and have 1 tweeter 1 mid and two subs a piece.
    The PS3 is in black on top of the entertainment console.
    And as you can see my sweet happy face bean bag is in front of the TV.

I had them all hooked up in-line once with my 100 watt bass guitar amp using about 3 splitters, a few dollar store adaptors, and a few phono extension cords. But as you can see I don't have any speakers on the right side of the room so it was extremely lop sided.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  12. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Thats a prety cool setup dude.I would have it slightly different,but thats just me.

13. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

High Velocity bowling and Super Stardust HD both support in game music now so it's coming to everything else soon.