1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to play nes game on ps2 ???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rosendo1, Nov 14, 2007.

1. rosendo1

rosendo1 Member

i know i can play my snes ganes on my ps2 but how can i play nes games on my ps2 and if yes how ??

2. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=emus.html

i never tried them yet, idk which 1 is better or anything. i herd it uses ps1 data or something like that which swap magic (what i have) only supports ps2 games. im planning on getting a network adapter and a hard drive soon (if i have money for both which i prolly dont right now) but if u did it plz tell me which 1 seemed to work better and how you burned the cd or whatever other method you use

3. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

use FCEUltra for PS2 can be found at SKSapps.com.
    only thing is it wont support CDs but ony USB!!
    otherwise use rather buggy Infones.

4. inagasake

inagasake Member

I haven't seen FCEUltra for the PS2 at SKS Apps. But it can be found here. If you have a USB drive stick of some sort, it should work out for you. I plugged the USB jack of an old portable 512MB MP3 player I have into the PS2, loaded up the ELF from there at the ULaunchELF browser and then proceeded to play the ROMS I saved on my MP3 player. You can also save your game right to the USB stick and there's also save state support for this emulator too. The emulation works really well too so far from what I've seen so far. The guy who ported FCEUltra to the PS2 did a very good job. With nes roms being so small, playing off the usb stick and saving games onto there is so convenient. If you don't have a USB drive stick though, you have to go with Infones (which I haven't been able to get to work and I hear that it doesn't run that well) or Imbnes (if you can boot PS1 discs).

I've also heard (haven't been able to test this myself) that the FCEU PS2 emu doesn't work on usb drives bigger than 1 gig. That is a shame because usb stick flash media is so cheap these days that getting only a 1 gig stick is not worth it. Hopefully this helps.

EDIT: Actually, from looking at that thread from Psx-scene forums just now (was posted just yesterday), apparently there is a way to load roms from a DVD-R (with the emulators and roms burned to it). You could try that if you don't have a usb stick.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008