1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to play ntsc in a pal ps2 - some troubles from Iceland

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by arnar, Jan 11, 2008.

1. arnar

arnar Member

Hello you all. I'm from Iceland and up here there are not so many who know about Swap Magic so I need your help on this.
    The thing is that I have a pal ps2 (version 14) and recently received a bunch of ntsc games from the US. I purchased the Swap Magic 3.6 and I installed the tools correctly. But when I try playing Guitar Hero III it won't work. It first says: "insert bigger TOC disk" and then it says "not a valid ps2 disk". Now I'm sure that this is not a new problem we are facing here and I have looked a lot on the internet and on this forum but nothing seems to answer my question completly. These are all original versions.
    Do I have to burn the game with some kind of a patch? And if so how is that done? What programs do I need and what patches and where can I get them?
    As you can probably see I'm new in this so it would be great to get any help!

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

It shouldn't say insert bigger toc disk unless if the tools are not inserted correctly, double check the tools. Try loading the game with the lid opened.

3. neptune

neptune Regular member

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  4. arnar

arnar Member

Yes you were right one of my tools wasn't installed correctly! Once I fixed that it was no problem.
    The first game I tried was Guitar Hero III and it worked well for a couple of times, then it stopped working! I tried burning the game and then it worked very well and no problem. Do you know why this is, why I can't play the original, has anyone heard about that before or is it just a flawed copy or somthing.
    But however, many thanks!

5. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

If the original game is scratched then that could be a problem, I dont see any reason if its not, as most retail disks are of high quality and standard, but you can of course get it exhanged if there is really something wrong with it and its not damaged in anyway.