1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO PLAY PS1 GAMES ON 3.71m33-3?!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ljenjak, Dec 23, 2007.

1. ljenjak

ljenjak Member

Ok, I wrote with caps lock because I 'm frustrated. I downloaded Syphon Filter, put the folder in the game folder on the psp, go to the game. There's an icon. I click on the icon, it shows some legal stuff,and then the screen goes black. Then it returns to the menu and it writes:the game cannot be started(80020148). Please Help me, I really want to play the games!!!

2. zoozam

zoozam Member

make sure the game itself is in the right format. PS1 games should have a eboot file and a keys bin. If you don't have those then the game will surely not run...

3. ljenjak

ljenjak Member

It has both off them. Should I have something under the recovery menu/plugins?

4. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

Set your kernel to 3.71. Not all PSX games will work (like 1 out of 100 won't work). Make sur the folder your PSX game is in (X/PSP/GAME/PSPGAME) is less than 30 characters. If the folder was named PSXGAMESUPERSTUFFEXAMPLESTUFF it won't load since it's 30 characters or bigger. Just name it "Syphon Filter". Like I said "some PSX game won't work".

5. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

6. ljenjak

ljenjak Member

OK i put the popsloader but the game still doesn't work. Maybe there's something wrong with the game, I'll put on another and see what happens.