1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to play psp movie iso's on 3.10 OE - A

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by orbitor, Feb 28, 2007.

1. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

I know this is a stupid question but I have been searching all through the forums for the last 3 days trying to find the answer and I give up. The Problem I am having is with loading movie iso's. I have had no problems loading the games but every time I copy a movie iso to the ISO folder all that shows up on the mem stick screen is corrupted data. Im not sure if movies are supposed to go in a separate folder? If the contents of the iso file need to be extracted then copied over or if maybe I dont have a certain setting right under the recovery menu. And I made sure that I am using the correct region movie iso's. Again I am sure this has been answered already but I have no idea where. So thanks for the help.

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

there could be a whole host of reasons why your movie iso wont load...but the only thing coming to mind at the moment is the fact that there are regional restrictions only on psp movies and not games....

if youre running an
    OE then check the region settings under configuration in the recovery console....should say something like "fake region" or "free umd region"....

id say toggle these settings according to the country of release of the iso youre trying to view.... - best i can do for ya mate!

do some more research, never give up...you can make your psp do almost anything if you give it enough raw energy...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  3. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

Thanks I will try that. I have been trying to use Region 1 movies thinking that was the problem but they dont play either but I never tried changing the region setting in the recovery menu. I will give it a try and post results. Thanks Again.

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You can't load a movie iso on a custom firmware. Simply doesn't work.

5. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

What do I need to do to load it?

6. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

then what firmware will it work on? give advice..

idle statements

7. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

doesnt work on any. plus it would be pointless...they fill the whole UMD (1.8GB)..... u can download an avi and convert it to mp4 and reduce file size by alot without sacrificing any video quality.

8. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

So what is the purpose of people putting them up for dl? Is there a way to convert the ISO's to mp4 using an extraction or conversion program? Or should I just delete the 4 movies I have already dl'ed?