1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to preserve menu interactivity?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by john45, Oct 23, 2003.

1. john45

john45 Member

Hello all of you :) I have a question: I'd like to preserve menu interactivity when I use DVD Shrink or DVD2one to backup a DVD movie, but unfortunatelly I save all menus and the whole movie but I lose their interactivity.
    Is there a way to preserve it or is it impossible?
    Sorry if this argument has been already discussed.

Thank you and bye
    --john :)

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

In DVD Shrink, there sint a way to keep the menu when re-authoring the disc. I dont think they intend on doing that in the next release either. You will need a program like Adobe Encore or TMPGEnc DVD Author to create your own menu and structure.

3. berny

berny Member

Oriphus i think he is just doing a whole disc back-up from wot i can tell. I am also having the problem with a few dvds like bo selecta and cradle to the grave. on the original wen u move across to select a differnet feature like extras it lights up but on the backup it doesnt which makes it hard to tell which option ur chossing

4. gone4day

gone4day Guest

I admit to being new to this myself, but using DVDShrink, I am able to backup my DVD's with menu interactivity remaining intact. Typically, I do NOT preserve the menu's as-is, but instead choose the "still pictures" compression mode for my menu's, freeing up more space for less compression for the main title. What you end up with is a perfectly usable, albeit "stuttering slide show" version of the menu.

I've done this with Alias Season 1 DVD, Taken DVD collection, and many others, all with multiple features per DVD. And I've even done it successfully with both American Pie's (Unrated Collector Edition), which have (in my opinion) some of the most "interactive" menu's and bonus feature menu's out there. I do NOT use the re-author function of DVDShrink, but rather just choose "Still Picture" mode for menu's and special features and backup from there. In the case of American Pie 1/2, I've actually used still picture mode for menu's, but left the special features intact but with 50% compression.

Is there a specific title you are having issues with?

My setup: WinXP, DVD Shrink 3 Beta 5, Nero 6.0.0.19, Pioneer DVR-104 burner, Sony DVD-R media, multiple stand-alone players.

5. dnet48

dnet48 Member

Check out this site
    www.dvd-replica.com

They have a demo version which lets you keep the menu functions.