1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to prevent the default Microsoft dash from loading on reboot?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by w00k, Sep 25, 2004.

1. w00k

w00k Member

I'm having a problem whereby the Microsoft dashboard keeps loading everytime I reboot my xbox. I'm currently using xbmc as a dash. I would like to boot into xbmc every time I boot/reboot my box. The only way I'm able to boot into xbmc is hold the power button down on the front of my box for 5 seconds or so and then it will indeed boot into xbmc. Can I move the xbox dash from C:\ to some other dir and make a bookmark in my programs to point to the new location of microsoft dashboard. What's the best way to cure this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

What type of chip do you have? Usually if you have a chip, holding down the power button for different amounts of time will boot in different modes. For instance, in your case, when you hold down the power button for 5 seconds, the xbox boots up with the modchip enabled. However, if you just press the power button to cut the xbox on, it will boot up in normal mode, basically the chip will be "off" so you can play xbox live.

3. ebf72

ebf72 Guest

i hjave a xecutter 2 installed and know nothing bout it is that the same for my xbox with the on and off
    thing

4. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Well if you have an Xecuter, there should be an on/off switch included with the chip...