1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to put a 079 drive back to orignal firmware (Its spoofed)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by PsXtreme, Aug 17, 2011.

1. PsXtreme

PsXtreme Member

hey guys Im typing this on a phone so please bare with me. Anyways, I have a hitatchi 079 drive which I am trying to spoof as a sammy m25 drive. I did it all correct except I flashed the wrong drive key to it. I have tried everything I can think of but now jungleflasher thinks its a sammy ms25 and wont let me unlock the drive so I can simply reflash with the correct key. I have been looking for help on youtube, various forums, and google. I just cant figure this out and its so frustrating because I know I am so close to having a modded xbox. oh btw I do have the sammy m25 drive, but the problem with it is my computer froze mid-flash and now its dead. I know it could probably be recovered but I cant find my ck3 and im not sure if it could be recovered via power from an xbox. Any help would be apprciated. Thanks in advance...

2. BillB

BillB Regular member

As horrible as it sounds, you're going to have to flash with the hitachi tab in jungleflasher. You'll need the unlock cd since you have the 79 drive. You have to put it into mode b. Then you have to use the unlock cd. You'll need to rescan for hardware. It should find the spoofed drive. Then you have to flash it back to stock before you can spoof again. Spoofing really screws up your 360 if you plan on playing on live, or new titles that have the dashboard update. You really don't want to spoof anymore. Best bet is to grab one (samsung ms25 drive) from eBay. That way you don't have to spoof, and you're one of the safest people on live (samsung doesn't read AP2.5/2.6) It's important that you have the original drive brand in your 360 before you update to the newest dashboard. I've bricked one already, and I've read elsewhere that other people are bricking their consoles the same way that I did (spoofing a drive).

3. PsXtreme

PsXtreme Member

Are there any other programs besides jungleflasher I can use? The unlock cd does not work because jungleflasher sees the drive as a sammy. I can only get the drive in mode b if I do it manually.

4. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

NO. The unlock works fine. If the unlock isn't working, that means your laser is crap. You do have the audio unlock CD in?