1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to put a background on a 5th Generation iPod video.

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by ps2racer, Oct 1, 2007.

1. De4dcell

De4dcell Member

As I understand it, the way to determine it is if there's a search feature. i Do have a search feature under music, but no where else though. So I'm assuming it's 5.5?

2. De4dcell

De4dcell Member

What's weird is that I can load on the 5 firmware, but not 5.5. The games don't actually show after loading 5 either.

3. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

You can't put games on if you use iTunes it just deletes everything

4. De4dcell

De4dcell Member

Yup, I'm not syncing anything with Itunes. Or am I missing something..?

5. De4dcell

De4dcell Member

Could you send me those links bans0512?

6. tomemipro

tomemipro Member

hi. i have a problem. i followed all the steps and it was successful, but then i realized that all my music and videos are gone. photos, however were intact. the worst problem is, i don't have a backup. after reconnecting and restarting itunes, though, i was prompted to download the newest version of the ipod software. i did and installed it, and all my files came back, but the background was gone. i'm going to try changing the background again, but assuming i don't install the new software (which overrides the mods i did) will i still have my files? thanks a lot.

7. nits313

nits313 Member

Hi, the white square box still shows, even after loading the BHCF Firmware , is there a way to remove that white rectangular box ?????

8. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

Next time backup everything and you can not update your iPod throught itunes after putting your background on. Because the firmware that is used is old but there is no need to update your iPod unless you buy your songs from itunes.

Download the file again and try putting it on your iPod again. The white box should not be there at all. Sounds like you got the old file or somthing went wrong while downloading it to the iPod.