1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to put subtitles to movies if it doesn't appear in options menu!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Lokik, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Lokik

Lokik Member

I wanna put subtitles to rip movies and it doesn't appear the subtitle options (when i'm seeing the movie)and i don't know what sould i do. Should the subtitle file to have a special extension or to be conveted too?!
    And anothe thing The theme could be changed in two ways one by just copy de extract files to psp/theme and the other using recovery mode/flash0. There is a difference of the effect of these ways???

2. Lokik

Lokik Member

Can somebody help, please!!!

3. johnvana

johnvana Member

to Lokik:
    You want to put subtitles to rip movies!What kind of movies?witch extention AVI - BIN/CUE - MPG - RMVB - MKV -DivX - DAT ?? What kind of sutitles ? etc.
    Pls specify exactly.If you have downloaded AVI files and SRT subtitles then it's really simple, i use this a long time.Program AVIDVDburner (www.avidvdburner.com about 20 USD) for conversion of AVI and SRT file to DVD format.(AVI and SRT in the same map-directory with the same filename of course)a few clicks and you can burn your DVD (BUP-IFO-VOB)
    If another format there are lot's of free programs who can convert to a usable format (search with Google) Regards Johnvana (Belgium-Europe)

4. Lokik

Lokik Member

i wanna put subtitles to movies from my PSP, not PC(i know how to put them on my pc)and i copy in the same directory and same name that movie is and when i'm watching the movie from my psp, in the options menu it doesn't appear the option of puting subtitle. Please tell if you know!!!

5. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

Ok if you want to get subs on mp4 file get xilisoft psp dvd ripper you can choose what subs you want if they are on the dvd that is and it will convert it into mp4 and add the subs without having to do anything. It does cost but it is worth it.

6. Lokik

Lokik Member

i converted the video in mp4, copy in ms/psp/video, as well as the subtitle(same name only the extension is different-txt,srt,sub), but when i'm watching the movie on my psp i can't choose from menu to put subtitle. if i watch a movie from umd i can select subtitle and the movie runs with subtitle.
    maby the psp doesn't recognize the subtitle files or it can't work rip movies with subtitles on psp?!!!

7. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

If you use xilisoft psp dvd ripper you can merge the subtitles on the dvd into the mp4 as one file and the subtitle will be on the video.
    watching mp4 videos on the psp is different to watching the umd videos. The umd videos are more like a dvd they have set files for subtitles sceence e.c.t. where as the mp4 videos are one file every thing needs to be in that one file. that means that you need to merge the subtitles from the dvd into the video. If you use xilisoft you can choose this option.