1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to put the image I downloaded onto a dvdr

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by brasco03, Oct 20, 2007.

1. brasco03

brasco03 Member

Hi I am not sure what to do in creating a dvdr disk using an image and make it playable,Do I have to use rawdump to create the disk from the image? If not what cause I tried just a standard burn using img burn and at the end all I get is a raw disk and cant see no files on it.Please help cause I am stuck and thought you could just burn the iso from bitcomet using img burn or alcohol 120 or Nero but tried that and nothing.

Thanks for your help in advance brasco03

2. Scruffy29

Scruffy29 Regular member

you burn it(like you said with IMGBurn Alchol etc.) throw it in your wii and wallah

3. brasco03

brasco03 Member

Thanx Scruffy I have done that but dont have my Wii yet to confirm it works but my dvdr says the burn was completed fine but when I put it in the pc it does not show its data size and it says file system raw and 0 bytes of used space and free space which is strange but may it still works in a Wii is that correct? I used a plextor dvd writer and saw around here the people say you should use a LG or Nec 1 to get the job done anyway hopefully what I did is right if no what should I do Scruffy?

4. Nick39891

Nick39891 Member

I don't think most drives can read Wii games, so it probably won't say there is anything there. Anyway, I just burn the iso with imageburn and it works fine.

5. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

LG drive is only necessary when dumping the contents of an original disc to the hard drive not with an iso

your pc will not read the contents of a wii disc so until u try in a wii u will not know if they work or not

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  6. brasco03

brasco03 Member

Ok thanks Nick I should be ok then I just thought since I saw no data on it at the end something was wrong but the Wii proberbly uses a different file system or structure which is the reason no info shows up Thanx again nick should be ok then when my Wii comes this week if I manage to get my hands on one.Thanks for your help Thinone

7. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

I don't think the question has been asked yet so I'm going to ask the obvious.

You said that your wii is coming. Coming from where? Did you just buy one and expect the discs that you burned to work? It doesn't work that way friend. You have to buy and install a mod chip first.

So my question is, is your wii modded? Are you waiting for it to come back from a mod chip installer or is it brand new? If it's brand new then those discs you burned will not play in it until it's modded.

8. brasco03

brasco03 Member

Hi Kafluke I know about all that just wanted to know why the disk said raw data and people explained that wii games cant be read in non LG drives etc anyway mine will be chipped with the latest chip and hopefully its coming next week.Thanks again though cause if I did not know about these types of things that would have been a great help.

Brasco03