1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"How To" Question - Play GBA, SNES, ISO and CSO's - PSP slimline - CFW 3.71 M33-4

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by DjSol98, Jan 10, 2008.

1. DjSol98

DjSol98 Member

I had a Slimline PSP Running OE 3.8, I created my Magicstick using this guide http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610313 and Hardmodded a Fat PSP battery.

I downgraded to CFW 3.71 M33-4, and had no problems with the conversion. :)

My intentions are to run GBA and SNES games on my PSP, in addition to playing ISO and CSO's.

After reading through several guides here, I'm a bit confused as to what to do next.

Does anyone have any guides they can point me towards to get started running GBA and SNES games on my PSP, in addition to playing ISO and CSO's?

Thanks in advance - DjSol98

2. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Backup anything important on your memory stick, then format it in the PSP. Now download this. Unzip it. Look for the folder titled "MS0". Copy the folder "PSP" directly to the memory stick. Yes it is ok to overwrite. Now put any GBA roms you have here: /PSP/GAME/GPSP/GBA/ROM. Now you have the latest and greatest GBA emulator.

Now download this. Unzip it. Copy the folder titled "snes9xTYL" to /PSP/GAME/. Put your SNES roms here: /PSP/GAME/SNES9XTYL/ROMS. Now you have the latest and greatest SNES emulator.

ISO/CSO files you simple you in the folder ISO. The emulators and ISO/CSO games you play by going to GAME/MEMORY STICK/ on the PSP. You're good to go!

3. DjSol98

DjSol98 Member

You rock. Much appreciated.

4. robstaa

robstaa Member

Will these emulators work on phat psp.Just installed 3.71 M33-4 yesterday from 2.01 and my thoughts were as DjSol98 about running emulators on my psp.

5. DjSol98

DjSol98 Member

This is just a educated guess, but if 3.71 M33-4 is to PSP as Windows is to the PC, then the emulators should work on your Fat PSP too, since you are running the same firmware.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

6. hoip

hoip Regular member

most new emulators would work on the slim (without the 1.5 kernal support)

7. robstaa

robstaa Member

Thanks guys ended up using Snes9x 0.02y32 for my fat my psp