1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove ratings on DVD-R backups

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nuttzo25, Apr 1, 2005.

1. nuttzo25

nuttzo25 Member

Does anyone know how to remove or change the rating of a dvd movie backup. I have a PS2 that won't play R movies because of the parental code lock which i don't have the pin for.Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. whompus

whompus Active member

Have you try to reset the control on the PS2? To reset the parental control on your PS2, go to the menu where you can enter a 4-digit password. Enter "7444" to reset the control.

3. nuttzo25

nuttzo25 Member

I have tried that already and it didn't work.
    I am interested in finding out if thats possible .I dont use ps2 to watch movies anyway but a friend also has the same problem .Does anyone know if there a file in a dvd movie that tells the system info on the disc?

4. whompus

whompus Active member

It worked for my sons. There was a movie in the PS2 when I did it. So there may be info on the dvd movie the unit needs to see for it to work.

When I did it for him the movie I used was an original. The way I got there was putting in the dvd and as it was reading I hit select to bring it up. I didn't wait for it to ask for parental code. Don't know if that made any difference or not.

5. nuttzo25

nuttzo25 Member

The PS2 in question is an Australian PAL system so that may be the reason.It is also a new slimline PS2

6. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

7. JaySrt4

JaySrt4 Member

open up the ps2 find the little battery and remove it. Than put it back in it will erase the memory in the ps2 and your code goes back to default.