1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Remove the Horrible BoBrowser Adware / Malware

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by ireland, Jan 21, 2015.

1. ireland

ireland Active member

How to Remove the Horrible BoBrowser Adware / Malware

We were testing out some freeware download sites to prove our assertion that all download sites are pushing bundled crapware (and yes, they are) when we ran across a truly terrible piece of malware called BoBrowser which replaces Chrome with a lookalike that is chock full of adware.

That’s right, you aren’t looking at Chrome in that screenshot, instead it’s Chromium pre-loaded with malware ads that take over everything. As you can see on the Amazon page, they are inserting so many ads that you can barely see the content.

Luckily it’s not all that difficult to remove, but their uninstaller doesn’t work very well so you’re going to have to do some extra cleanup.

Removing the BoBrowser Adware / Malware

GO HERE TO READ IT ALL

http://www.howtogeek.com/207643/how-to-remove-the-horrible-bobrowser-adware-malware/

2. ireland

ireland Active member

Every Freeware Download Site is Serving Crapware (Here’s the Proof)"

When we wrote about what happens when you install the top ten apps from CNET Downloads, about half of the comments were from people saying, “Well you should download from a trusted source.” The only problem is that there isn’t a freeware download site that is free of crapware or adware. And here’s the result of our investigation to prove it.

READ MORE

http://www.howtogeek.com/207692/yes...oad-site-is-serving-crapware-heres-the-proof/

3. ryduo

ryduo Newbie

I got a gomplayer program which had something in common with bobrowser after I clicked on a Flash Player update pop-up. In order to escape from manual removal, the program contained extra vicious codes and files which I knew from here. Perhaps not all of adware or malware is not as easy to remove as you said.

4. Melody22

Melody22 Newbie

I downloaded Chrome browser last week and got this BoBrower and I didn't know why. Tried uninstalling it via Programs and Features but encountered some errors. I googled and found a post recommended Malwarebytes. Of source, I downloaded Malwarebytes from its official site. And it did the trick.