1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove "title 2" under "Main Movie"

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by eeski007, May 18, 2007.

1. eeski007

eeski007 Member

Using "FULL DISC" option I would like to keep everything except "title 2" under "Main Movie"

I want to remove all of "title 2" while keeping the "Menu", "Extras" and only "title 1" under "Main Movie"

How do I remove any component under "DVD Structure" on the left hand side not just removing "Audio" and "Subpicture" on the right hand side under "Compression Settings"

* "title 2" is the FULL SCREEN version of the movie.

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Using the Full Disc option in Shrink gets you - the full disc. You can uncheck things like other languages.

Using the Reauthor Mode allows you to pick and choose the elements (and order) you wish. BUT, you lose the menu doing this. Choosing the Main Movie only helps with the compression issue.

IF you simply must have the menu, you will need to obtain and learn to use additional software. Shrink will not retain menu functionality in Reauthor Mode.

3. eeski007

eeski007 Member

What other software would allow removal of entries under "Main Movies" folder or any component under "DVD Structure" and retain the MENU function?

Retain the MENU function with broken links to components that have been removed.

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

VoBblanker will do that, you can DL it from my sig.
    here is a basic guide for VobBlanker

also while using shrink you can make it a still pic to get rid of it too.

also dvd remake can do that but it is not free like VOBBlanker

any questions about vobblanker just post them

5. eeski007

eeski007 Member

Thank U.

Seems the still picture is the best way to go.

What type of image type can be inserted - JPG and GIF ?

6. syxguns

syxguns Active member

I don't agree with that statement. 300bowler had it correct. Use VobBlanker to remove unwanted material. 300bowler also made another good point, that DVDReMake Pro is the best way to go. It isn't free but if you are interested in trying it out you may go to this link and select the banner at the top of the page. Link You can download a demo version of the program, but you will not be able to use it for backups. With the program you have the option to convert menu's to stills or to export menu's and make changes to them before you import them back into the program.

The guide 300bowler gave you is a great guide for beginners to VobBlanker that my buddy "alkohol" wrote. It takes a few times of using the program before you get to the point of being able to blank and process within a half an hour. The processing takes around 12 to 15 min.

Also in case you are not aware of it, there is a way to use re-author mode in DVD Shrink and keep the menu's using Menu Shrink. Here is a guide on how to do that. Link

Using this method you may keep only the items that you want to keep in the movie and still have menu's. Give it a try if all else fails.

Good luck!

7. eeski007

eeski007 Member

I have read the whole section "How to copy DVDs (Movie Only) with DVD Shrink" and have not find anyway to remove anything from the "DVD STRUCTURE" left hand side.

MenuShrink only reduces the MENU in size and does not keep the MENU structure.

Again I am left with the same question.

How do I remove anything from the left hand side in DVD Shrink and keep the MENU structure with dead links. Any way to keep menu structure with DVD Shrink Re-author?

8. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Try dvd remake, or my favorite program VOBBlanker, the interface of VOBBlanker only looks complicated, but it isnt.

if you get stuck with either program, than just post what got you stuck.

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  9. eeski007

eeski007 Member

OK ... using VobBlanker

Please step me through the process of deleting one of the main movie.

10. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

You should see both titles, the way to tell which one is which is it says one is 16x9(widescreen) the other is 4x3(full screen). than just blank the one you dont want.

PS. will post some pics when i get the chance too. ripping a dvd that has both versions on it

11. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

here are some pics for ya

NOTE: your dvd is going to look different, sometimes they have the 2 version(Full & widescreen) in the same VTS_??_VOB.
    NOTE that the pic has the Widescreen version in VTS_01_.VOB(titleset), and the fullscreen is in VTS_02_.VOB(titleset)
    [​IMG]
    Post back any questions or if you got it figured out

12. orion250

orion250 Regular member

300bowler is correct. Big fan of VobBlanker, use it almost every day! It will solve your problem while keeping all menus intact and in working order. It does take several tries while learning how to use it to get it right, but after that, it is a very easy program to use. I would suggest that if you haven't used it before, to rip any movie to your hard drive and use that rip to practice on. If you make a mistake on that rip, it wouldn't matter. Once you get the hang of using it, then use it on the movies that do matter. You can then delete this practice rip.
    You can also use it to blank out the previews, warnings, and other junk that you may not want to keep. It is also a great program to use when backing up episodic dvd's (tv series). I can't do without this program!!

13. orion250

orion250 Regular member

300bowler-

If I'm correct, if you have both widescreen & fullscreen ripped to the hd and you are using Shrink to replace the "title 2" with a still picture, wouldn't that still picture display for the full length of time the title 2 is, for example 1 hour 45 min while in playback mode? I have replaced FBI warnings (usually about 17 seconds long) with custom stills and the still picture displays on the tv for that same length of time while in playback mode. VobBlanker is definately the way to go.

14. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

yes i have noticed that but have never tried the still image thing replacing a movie, so i dont know for sure, but would assume it works the same no matter what your replacing.

15. eeski007

eeski007 Member

Thank U so much ... U guys are a great help :)

Just a little more help.

Well I follow the instructions and all seemed well.

After pressing PROCESS!! the the process run normally until it reached about 65% complete. Then I get BLUE SCREEN.

error referring to the following:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    IDECHNDR.sys

16. XxRUINSxX

XxRUINSxX Regular member

I use Nero Recode, so I just 'disable' which ever one I don't want.

17. syxguns

syxguns Active member

You need to make sure that you have the latest security patches on your machine. That blue screen is most commonly referred to as "The Blue Screen Of Death". This problem does not have anything to do with VobBlanker. Did you use a registry clean tool?

Here are a few threads that you can read:
    http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=552945
    http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread1217.html
    http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-93261.php

I don't know what OS you are running, but I think it may have to do with SP2 on XP. Did you recently install that?

Give me some information about your computer and I can help you get the problem fixed.

18. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

You are correct. I've explained this to eeski007's other similar thread as well.

19. eeski007

eeski007 Member

Thank U very much. U guys are the best. I got it to work :)

With your help I was able to reinstall the INTEL accelerator that conflicted with VobBlanker to get rid of the BLUE SCREEN.

It amazes me HOW software is so picky :)

Thanks U again ... I wish more human like you existed on this planet.

Best wishes to all.

Final question: What is the difference between BLANK and DELETE for PGCs in Selected TitleSet ? Some PGCs have the delete option. Deleting saves additional space but will the MENU will work.?

20. orion250

orion250 Regular member

Not sure, never used the delete option, always used BLANK or KEEP. You can do a practice rip of any movie to experiment on. If you do, please post about your findings.