1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to repair corrupted NSF file in Lotus Notes?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by kayones867, Aug 16, 2015.

1. kayones867

kayones867 Newbie

Hi,
    May i know i can i go about repairing a locally backup-ed corrupted nsf file?
    Rgds

2. mendezfremar

mendezfremar Newbie

The following steps will check and possibly repair corrupted NSF files.
    > Open a command prompt and change the directory to your Lotus Notes program directory.
    > Enter the command: nfixup.exe X:/.nsf (+enter)
    This command initiates a general scan of the NSF file and tries to repair it when corrupted. After competion index the NSF file again with Intella. If you still have an issue indexing, continue with the following step.
    > Enter the command: ncompact.exe X:/.nsf (+enter)
    This command compacts the NSF file. After competion index the NSF file again with Intella. If you still have an issue indexing, continue with the following step.
    > Enter the command: nupdall –r X:/.nsf (+enter)
    This command rebuilds the entire NSF index.
    Some actions from here:
    Or:
    NSF Viewer Tool
    A must-have tool for quick and hassle-free Lotus Notes repair. The product combines the convenience of a step-by-step wizard with the power of professional data recovery tools.
    For more information: http://www.nsf.viewertool.com/

3. Pattri

Pattri Member

If you're having a corrupt NSF database, you should repair it by using Fixup tool. You can read the blog post shared below to know how to repair NSF database:

An Easy Way to Repair NSF File by using Fixup Tool | N. Sem's Blog

I hope the shared blog post would be helpful. Also, you can try free NSF Viewer software (recommended by mendezfremar).

Thanks and best regards.