1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to retrieve contacs from iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by sparksman, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparksman

sparksman Member

Hello. I have a friends iphone that he dropped and the glass is broken, but the phone still works. He purchased a new phone, but not another iphone. He had not saved any of his contacts from his iphone. now he wants to try and gets those contacts off. I connected the iphone to my computer, not a mac, I have a PC. I went into itunes and it noticed the iphone and asked me to download the newest software. Then it went through its process and now it says it needs a sim card. So I put my sim card in and it wants me to add the phone to my account. I don't want to do this, I just want to get teh contacts off of it for him. When I first turned the phone on I could see the contacts, but after I connect to Itunes it is only able to be used for emergencies. I am lost. Any info would be helpful. Also, my friend doesn't have any info on his computer leftover b/c his computer crashed. So is he out of luck? and did I screw up by connecting it to itunes?

2. nikhilr51

nikhilr51 Member

I'm sure someone else will come up with a better solution but asking at the store he bought it at (if he did) might help. I use a mac and whenever i sync mine it saves the contacts in Address book, does Windows do the same but with Outlook?

Or you could wait for someone who haz some sort of hakz.

3. JJdon39

JJdon39 Member

4. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

If you ever synced your iPhone with iTunes, iTunes will have backed it up as it does so automatically upon each sync. This backup contains your contacts. To access your contacts, simply restore the iTunes backup to a new iPhone.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  5. CookMalan

CookMalan Newbie

Great solution on this thread...he helped save my contacts.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    hanoobal likes this.
  6. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

Good it worked. I post complete instructions in a new thread about how to retrieve lost iPhone content with iTunes as this seems to be a causing lots of folk troubles.

7. Egspriinn

Egspriinn Newbie

Maybe this way capable have a try ! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    emichang likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.