1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to rip a dual layered dvd 9 that contains 2 movies

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Keylow, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Keylow

Keylow Guest

my wife came back from iraq last month with a bunch of dvd's that contained 2 picture perfect full movies. she is in the army, she calls them hadji burns, for the most part they are put on a dual layered dvd 9 disc, i have had big time problems either trying to rip them or trying to figure out to just get 1 movie off of these dvd's. i have tried Shrink and decrypter, but i am constantly getting errors, if anyone has any suggestions for me please respond to this post....thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Glad your wife is safely home :)

What sort of errors are you getting when trying to rip? CRC errors, yes?

"Unofficial" DVDs aren't exactly the best quality and oftentimes will play hell with apps trying to read them. These errors usually don't bother standalone players since they're made to just ignore them.

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You might want to try smartripper, it seems to work a lot of the time when shrink or decrypter won't dealing with read errors. Can't guarantee it will work but it is worth a shot. It is freeware.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Keylow

If she got them from Iraq then they may not be compatible with North American standards. I have no idea what the region codes are, or if they are PAL, SAL, or NTSC, and then there’s production quality. I can’t imagine what the black market is like Iraq or where or how your wife acquired the DVD and I don’t care as long as your wife is well.

If the DVD is in good shape and recorded properly then the problem could be a conflict of formats. Check it with DVDinfo pro and let us know.

You can get it here.

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

If that doesn’t work and you’re in the mood then download IFO Edit and it’ll give you type and frame rate info.

If your movies are compatible with North American standards then you can rip the main movies only and then join them with DVD2one.

_
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
  5. Keylow

Keylow Guest

i really appreciate the reply threads, i'm gonna go ahead and roll with sophocles advice, seems logical..seeing that the movies did come from that region of the world, yeah but like i said the movies are imaculate..i had never seen 2 full featured movies on a single sided disc yet, well we are stationed here in germany,i hadnt seen them around here atleast..i am new to afterdawn,and to R&B'ing movies...but i have to give afterdawn mad props...i am learning alot everytime i hop onto the site(which has been alot more frequently recently)and thanks for my wifes well being from her deployment...keylow aKa KEYZ