1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Rip and Burn Xbox 360 games with a Samsung

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by IOrificeI, Apr 6, 2007.

1. IOrificeI

IOrificeI Member

THIS aLL assumes YOU HAVE A SAMSUNG DRIVE
    This is the complete guide written totally by IIBlackOrificeII on how to rip and burn your games
    If you haven't flashed your 360 drive yet in order to play burned games, then go here

There are 4 ways that you can rip or games

1. Use the wxripper method where you can use any type of dvd-rom drive, but have to take the top off(or not if you have a emergency eject hole) and find something called the magic number then make a raw dump to your pc but in order to make it playabel after u burn it, you have to get a bunch of other stuff (a ss.bin file to merge with the image(raw dump file) and a bunch of other stuff that you can only rip from a 360 drive anyway. This method is extremely retarded and not recommended in any circumstance<>

2. Download the game from the internet (i dunno maybe P2P file sharing) and then burn it. This is also extremely retarded because the people that up them dont know how to rar anything or compress it in any way so ur stuck downloading a 7.05 gigabyte(GB) file that may or may not work and will probably take most people a full day if not more to download plus they dont upload much new stuff or like the games upped wont be in your region code (NTSC or PAL<>they are usually in PAL)<>
    this is dumb and do not do it for your own sake:::""":::

3. You can buy a certain samsung dvd-rom drive for ur pc and flash it with Kreon firmware and use that but those r not even made anymore by samsung and r hard to find plus will probably cost u money ( that green stuff) and i know u don't like to waste money..

4. Use your flashed 360 drive connected to your computer with a program called Schtrom360Xtract and easilly extract it to your computer in like under 30 minutes then just burn it and be done.. Wht shtrom360xtract does is the same thing as wxripper except it injects the other ss.bin files and such automatically so you can just rip and burn with out having to do shit else.....this is way this guide will show you how to do it.... yess with this way you will have to open your 360 everytime you want to rip games but you can keep the top and bottom gray covers off your 360 and it will still operate fine and this will save u like 10 minutes everytime you open it>>>

The Shit you Will need:
    1. A copy of Schtrom360Xtract v3.2 from here
    2. If you have already flashed your 360 then you already know how to take it apart and to connect it to the same chipset you used to flash (note i recommend the Via PCI card) for info on wht card u need and how to take it apart go here
    3. The xtreme 0800 disk from here
    4. A ISO burning program (also called an image burning program) I would highly recommend DVD Decrypter or IMGBurn<>for this guide i will use DVD Decrypter. Download here
    5. Some Verbatim DVD+R DL disks....Make sure they can burn at up to atleast 4x

PHASE 1
    This is the setting up your pc part:":"

After you have downloaded Schtrom360Xtract then extract its contents, you will see the .exe file to execute it..<>
    open it and look at wht you've got

[​IMG]

We will be using the options just like this except you will be changing the directory to where u want it to put the image file (the main file) and you will probably bbe changing the drive you have too.
    :NOTE: AS YOU SEE IN THE PICTURE, I HAVE A PIONEER DVR-111D DVD BURNER. THIS IS PROBABLY THE BEST BURNER IN THE WORLD FOR 360 DISKS AND DVD'S ALL TOGETHER. EVERY SITE I GO TO, IT HAS A GOLD MEDAL FOR SOMETHING....I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU PURCHASE THIS BURNER (ITS ONLY $30 AND ITS AN IDE DRIVE) WHT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR [ IT ALSO AUTOMATICALLY HAS THE BOOKTYPE SET TO DVD-ROM WHICH IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BURN 360 GAMES SO THERE IS NOTHING YOU REALLY NEED TO EVEN DO.<The Drive
    If you have another drive that you are going to want to use to burn, then i suggest updating the firmware by going to the manufacturers site and getting the latest drivers then using device manager to update them
    To get to device manager, right click your My Computer icon and select properties<>
    it will bring up a box with tabs like below and then click the hardware tab and select Device Manager
    then from here select your drive and open the settings for it
    click the driver tab and click "update drivers" and select your drivers u downloaded from the manufactures website and thats it.>

[​IMG]

... Also change the book-type of the drive using this tutorial
    I suggest u too read the quote on that page for info on wht exactly the book-type is in the first place because the better an understanding you have, the better you will be.

Also make sure that you have enough disk space for the ripped files.....one game rip is going to be 7.05 Gigabytes(GB)<> so allocate this space before u start.

PREPING THE COMPUTER::
    Now i am assuming that you have the Via VT6421 pci sata card in your computer
    If you do not but have another chipset that you know will work with the 360, then i would recommend updating the drivers for that also.<><><><><><><><>
    NOTE: YOU CANNOT USE EXTERNAL SATA PORTS AS I HAVE READ IN MANY PLACES THAT YOU WILL GET ERRORS WITH THEM.. YOU MUST USE INTERNAL SATA PORTS OK OK OK OK OK OK OK GOOD/\

If you do have the Via VT6421, then update the drivers to these ones
    the ones that come with your card make xp freeze while booting when you connect the 360 to it.. i have tried these drivers and they work perfectly

THere are more options in Schtom360Xtract that you will have to set..<>to open the options windows click the misc menu option at the top and select options::::just look at the picture and set them like this::

[​IMG]

NOW is where you will burn the Xtreme 0800 disk<>
    If you have Xtreme firmware 5.2 on your 360 drive, then you can just burn it to a regular DVD+R but if you have an older version then you will need it on a DVD+R DL
    As you can see, the file you downloaded is called activate.iso
    to burn this just use DVD Decrypter (link at top)
    you can either right click the iso and select open with DVD decrypter or open DVD Decrypter and use the guide blow that describes how to burn your game (note that burning the Xtreme 0800 disk with dvd decrypter means that you will not need to set the layer break or make the read speed 4x or 2x<> that is only for your 360 games<>
    But make sure that you finalize the disk and you can burn at any speed you want<>
    take the disk out and power down ur PC

PHASE 2

Connect the open 360 to the computer just like you did for flashing (DO NOT FORGET OT PLUG IN THE VIDEO CABLE IN THE BACK OF YOUR 360 OR ELSE IT WILL SHUT off RANDOMLY.. with the sata cable coming from the via card (it doesn't matter if its the primary or secondary port but always recommend the primary) to the back of the dvd drive.
    Turn on your 360 and pop in the Xtreme 0800 disk<<<when you start to hear it spin, start counting to 20 or take a watch and count 20 seconds<<<then pull it out and keep the drive open

Turn on your PC and boot into Windows>>>>>
    click your My Computer icon and look toward the bottom and you will see it
    It will display in Windows as a CD Drive<<>>I have no clue why it does this but it really is a dvd-rom drive
    Insert the game disk that you want to rip
    Go to the directory that you extracted Schtrom360Xtract and open it..
    under the drives you can select, you will see a new option for your 360 drive that should look like: "TSSTCorpDVD-ROM TS-H943A MS25 or MS28"
    select that one and select: "whole disk (stealth Xtreme 3.0)"
    Also make sure you select the directory that you want the program to store the image file in<>

THen Click the Extract Button

[​IMG]

In about 25 minutes or less, you will have your game in the folder you selected

Go to that directory and check to make sure it is there and you will see two files called IMAGE1.iso and IMAGE1.dvd
    You will not need the IMAGE1.dvd file but i would not suggest to delete it yet.. just leave it..<>

You have successfully ripped your first 360 game<> ;D

NOW THE Burning PART

You do not need the 360 connected to your pc in order to burn the game so if you still have your computer on form last step, shutdown and disconnect your 360 from it and then boot back into Windows....
    Once in windows, open up DVD Decryter...
    Click on the Mode menu, then go to ISO and the menu for ISO click Write<>
    Then select the directory where the IMAGE1.iso file is and select it.
    Select the speed at which you will burn it which i would recommend if you have the Xtreme 5.2A firmware and are using VERBATIM disks, use 4x. but if you are not using 5.2A, then use 2x

[size=10pt]NOTE THAT YOU ARE VERY ENCOURAGED TO USE VERBATIM DVD+R DL DISKS BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO BURN BETTER AND WORK THE BEST WITH THE XBOX 360..SO GO BUY SOME NOW IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY[/size]

Then select the destination as your DVD Burner....

Now this part is important and follow these steps word for word

Go to the tools option in the menu and scroll to Settings and click on it.
    In the new window, select the ISO Write Mode Tab>>
    Then on the right side of the window, under layer break opions, click the user specified button and input the numbers: 1913760
    then on the left side, select the write mode as DVD, write type as SAO, and link size as Auto...<<>>

Now your settings should look like this:

[​IMG]

Select OK and then click the big Button that shows a hard drive with a arrow to a dvd and start burning

When it is done, take out the disk, and wait for about 5 minutes for the disk to cool down from burning..

Then pop it in and come and P00n Me N00b<>

This Guide was written by IIBlackOrificeII
    I hope this helps a lot of people and yeah
    have fun, be patient, and have confidence

2. theridges

theridges Guest

i would really Recommend IMGBurn it is a lot more reliable than DVDDec..

3. IOrificeI

IOrificeI Member

yeah dude their both good
    ive had success with both

but one thing that needs to be noted

THe link i gave for the Pioneer drive is messed up
    so heres a link to the one i actually bought and its form this site too that i bought it and it works perfectly
    Get it here

Also if you look closely, this drive won't have the lil [​IMG] logo thing but it is definately a dual layer burning drive
    i just have no clue y it doesnt have that logo
    but it works perfectly trust me<>

4. franklove

franklove Guest

bro..i follow your tutorial and burn one ..once it sucessfully i take it out and it wont read in my exbox ,it say open tray ..so ,i try to burn another ,and this error pop up
    ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation:check status

CDB: 28 00 00 1D A7 80 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read (10) - sector 1943424

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error

what wrong bro ,what did i do wrong here ..thanx for the help

5. franklove

franklove Guest

man i just try and burn with the decrytor
    verbatim+r dl 8.7gb at 2x speed , and this error keep on popping up

scistatus:0x02
    interpretation:check condition
    cdb:2a 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 20 00
    interpretation;write(10)-sectprs:32-63
    sense area:70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 00 00 00
    interpretation:invalid field in cdb

pls help me out ,i wreck so dam many verbatim disc ..i couldn't afford anymore ..thanx

6. theridges

theridges Guest

use imgburn...