1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to rip/burn M3U files to CD

Discussion in 'Audio' started by wc9307, May 31, 2004.

1. wc9307

wc9307 Guest

Hi, I have M3U audio files and i cannot rip them to cd, i downloaded net traffic and got the files as a MP3 file, but wen u try to write them to CD it still says that it cannot find the file.

Can u please help me, thanks.

2. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

isn't a m3u file some sort of playlist that only contains the location of the music for a mediaplayer?

If u have the mp3 files u shouldnt have any problems while burning with nero .
    U can just drag and drop the file u want and hit burn.

3. MadSkillz

MadSkillz Member

An M3U file is an audio playlist.

4. brasseaux

brasseaux Member

if you are using nero, what you can do is go to nero sound track and record the song while it is playing over the internet and save it to a file. than you can burn it to a cd.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  5. stoppots

stoppots Member

I too have drawn curiosity to burning a M3U file. If I could accomplish the smooth transitions between tracks that a M3U playlist seems to be able to play, my track and gap and gaps between tracks issues would be solved, fixed, and free of so many little annoyances and distractions.
    Anybody out there with their ears open hear what I am saying? Know how to help me with what I am saying?

stoppots

6. brasseaux

brasseaux Member

Nero 6 has a wave editor where you can elimate empty space at the beginning and the end of tracks. also when you make your music cd, check off normalize all audio tracks, which means all track will be the same volume, and no pause between tracks.

7. stoppots

stoppots Member

Eliminating the empty space is not the problem, the problem is the fraction of a second glitch that is inevitably created when tracks are put into a continuous music mix which is usually compiled of 8-18 single tracks mixed by a dj.
    Say I have a single:
    Seventy-Seven_Min_and_Thirty-Three_Sec.wav
    file(1-track)and a:
    Seventy-Seven_Min_and_Thirty-Three_Sec.m3u
    playlist consisting of 11-tracks listed on it. I need to be able to skip to any track on the playlist that I wish and be able to listen to the rest of the .wav file(mix)without any alteration to my .wav file, SEAMLESS, the only glitch that is permissable to hear would be a skip while the music is playing, NOT at the track points.
    When the track number increases on the player display there should not be any glitch or audible skip. ONLY seamless play, just like my original .wav would play!
    Revolutionary solutions welcome. Comments about programs that remove the 2 second silence are of no help. It is the glitch caused by making the single 1-77:33 file into a 11-77:33 file that is the problem.

Please reread if you are unclear!
    stoppots

Eliminating the empty space is not the problem, the problem is the fraction of a second glitch that is inevitably created when tracks are put into a continuous music mix which is usually compiled of 8-18 single tracks mixed by a dj.
    Say I have a single:
    Seventy-Seven_Min_and_Thirty-Three_Sec.wav
    file(1-track)and a:
    Seventy-Seven_Min_and_Thirty-Three_Sec.m3u
    playlist consisting of 11-tracks listed on it. I need to be able to skip to any track on the playlist that I wish and be able to listen to the rest of the .wav file(mix)without any alteration to my .wav file, SEAMLESS, the only glitch that is permissable to hear would be a skip while the music is playing, NOT at the track points.
    When the track number increases on the player display there should not be any glitch or audible skip. ONLY seamless play, just like my original .wav would play!
    Revolutionary solutions welcome. Comments about programs that remove the 2 second silence are of no help. It is the glitch caused by making the single 1-77:33 file into a 11-77:33 file that is the problem.

stoppots

8. blco32

blco32 Member

There's not too many places now that has M3U's but what I use is rawavrecorder to record the files to wave and then burn them to CD.