1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to rip DVD movies with 5.1 channel audio and burn them to DVDR?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by WandererZ, Aug 6, 2002.

1. WandererZ

WandererZ Member

Hi everyone, I need help on burning a DVD movie to DVD-R with 5.1 channel audio. Actually i've already rip the audio from the movie using SmartRipper with stream processing and selected the 6-Channel audio. It then will gave me a 6Ch audio file in .AC3 extension. But the problem i'm having is how to convert that to be a 5.1 channel wave file for me to do the authoring. I've previously success in making VCD & SVCD in stereo only, which is only 2 channels. And i've heard that wave files can only support 2 channels, but i also seen DVD-R movies that's in 5.1 channel, so i was wondering how can you convert from the .AC3 audio file to be a 5.1 channel wave file.

On thing that i need to declare first is that i don't like .MP3 format for the audio, because the quality is not as good as wave. Please help, thank you!

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. neil_sue

neil_sue Guest

try using dvddecriptor of the WHOLE DVD and then use ifoedit to strip steams from the film only and just keep the 5.1 channel ( not dts ) you will end up with a file to burn direct to dvd-r without any need for mc3 etc. etc.

4. WandererZ

WandererZ Member

Thanks for ur advice, however, i did managed to use BeSweet to create a 5.1Ch wave, but the size is so damn big that's impossible to burn to a DVD-R. Now i think there's two choices for me, either convert the .AC3 file to .MP3 format or use IFOedit like you say (which i really hate using IFOedit, i think it's too complicated).

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Umh.. The AC3 you get out, is the file you put to the DVD-R. 6ch = 5.1. Only thing what you need is to have an authoring software that supports AC3 import.

6. WandererZ

WandererZ Member

Can you suggest a authoring program for me to use? I have SpruceUp and Ulead DVD Movie Factory, I think SpruceUp doesn't support .AC3 format, and i haven't try Ulead yet.
    I wanted to use DVDit PE, but i can't find it anywhere....

7. sython

sython Member

hi, SpruceUp does support ac3, i've used it myself.
    Its the only authoring package, i Know of which does support ac3/5.1