1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to rip ps2 games?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rottenegz, Dec 31, 2004.

1. rottenegz

rottenegz Member

Hello everyone, just joined the forums and need an answer to this question.
    I have a game i want to backup but don't really know how to rip it. I tried using dvd decrypter but it doesnt read my cd-rw drive. I know i need a dvd-r drive to burn but i dont have one at the moment, will be getting one in a week or so. So the question is will i be able to rip original ps2 games with a cd-rw drive by making an image file and saving it on my harddrive?
    thanks

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Try looking on PS2 back up forum on this site. There are 2, 1 for CDs, 1 for DVDs. Did you try using the search function at the top of web pages?

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Open decrypter and rip to your hard drive in ISO mode. Then after you get your burner open decrypter and browse to your ISO image and burn in ISO mode with decrypter. Make sure you burn at 1x. Most games are under 4.37 so Decrypter should work fine. I use it all the time to back up my PS2 games.

You do realize your PS2 console must be modded, or use swap magic, or HD Loader, etc., right?

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from dvd-r for newbies*

5. rottenegz

rottenegz Member

yup, i'll be getting a swap disk in about a week also. The problem i'm having though is that dvd decrypter doesnt read from my cd/rw, it just recognizes my 2 virtual dvd drives i made with daemon tools, but not my cd/rw... can i still rip the game?
    thanks

6. rottenegz

rottenegz Member

ok i just popped in onimusha, started up dvd decrypter and the status at the bottem say "Device not ready(medium not present)", And i cant make an iso of the game. Help?

In the source drop down menu my E: drive(the one that contains the onimusha cd) is not listed, could that be it? if so how can i fix it?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

That definitely could be it! You are reading in ISO mode with derypter, right?

Uninstall the drive, and then reboot, your PC should reinstall the drive and all should be well.

8. ath3ist

ath3ist Member

hmm, may I ask you a question?
    Is the game you are trying to make a backup is in DVD or CD format? If it's in DVD format then there is nothing wrong with the CD-RW drive, only because it DOES NOT have the ability to read DVD discs. You must have a DVD-Rom or a DVD-RW in order to make DVD backups of your PS2 games.

9. blue200

blue200 Member

Guys this may be off the topic but why get a modchip at all.

I have been advised that all you need is:

a) Sony network adapter
    b) HDD
    c) HD Loader or HD Advance

I have also been told that if you have the original, you can transfer the file(s) to the HDD via a PC provided you can link between the PC and HDD which wil ventually be installed in the PS2. Once the PS2 is turned on, then everything should be ok.

Now my question is, is this true and if so how is it done exactly (hardware - software).

Thanx for any help.

10. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

blue200
    Its annoying to highjack a thread in order to ask your own question, especially since you won't get a fraction of the people reading it if you posted you own thread. Its also needless, because if you exerted a tiny amount of effort in searching these forums, you would have found you question answered dozens of times. Don't be lazy, you would have gotten your answer already.

11. blue200

blue200 Member

Balaam

You are obviously a Saint, so concerned with everyones well being, congrats.

I mildly appreciate your point, but it would've been nice if this question had been answered when I did start my own thread rather than a yes, maybe and no in the same thread.

Anyway

12. rottenegz

rottenegz Member

thx athiest, thats all i really wanted to know.