1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to rip Single episodes from dvd's

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by cretin, Jan 17, 2007.

1. cretin

cretin Member

Hi can anyone tell me how to rip single episodes from a dvd containing maybe 6 episodes to divx or any other format you can recomend I only want to watch them on computer NOT DVD player

Help would be most appreciated

Thank you

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

Only way I have tried is CloneDVD2, just selecting 1 episode and burning to disc, but that could take up a lot of DVD's.

3. XweAponX

XweAponX Member

I've done this with IFOedit and VOBedit... I forget all the prodecure, but it should still be there at http://www.doom9.org

Yo just have to scan all the docs on site and somewhere in there it tells you how to do that. I used to use instructions from Doom9 on how to split a full size DVD to two disks.

But then programs like DVD X Copy came out, then DVD Shrink. (Then Blu-Ray X Copy and Blue-Ray shrink and blah bla etc)

4. cretin

cretin Member

Thanks for the help I finally decided to use im too dvd ripper and use XVid as this seemed to offer the best quality over DIVX, MPEG4 AVC and MPEG4 Movie

If anyone has any other suggestions over settings and codecs I would love to hear

Thank you

Cretin