1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to "rip" trailers...and re-author? (composer)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by retroz, Mar 17, 2004.

1. retroz

retroz Member

I composed a few trailers and I need to rip the trailers from two (2) different DVD's.

I use shrink to backup most of my dvd's, but in this case, I suppose I want to rip just the trailers only from the two different dvd's, then (( suggestions welcome )) use something like Ulead, or Adobe Encore to make a new dvd and import the trailers there.

Thank you for you help.

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya retroz,

Ripping trailers from a dvd is reasonably easy, but the following have to be taken into account:

1 - Some trailers are in their own VOB set
    2 - Some trailers are part of the Main Film VOB set (normally at the end)
    3 - Quite often, trailers that are part of the main VOB set use a different audio stream from the one the main film uses.

Use this method to identify which VOB set the trailer is in:

1 - play the dvd, watch the trailer so you know what you are looking out for.
    2 - rip the WHOLE DVD to hard-drive.
    3 - delete everything EXCEPT VOB files
    4 - delete all files that end with _0.VOB

Now use your DVD player software to play the VOBS individually, you are trying to identify which VOB has the trailer in it.

If the trailer is part of the Main Film VOB set, then KEEP ALL VOBs from that set, and delete everything else.

If the trailer is in a VOB set of its own, KEEP THAT and delete everything else.

Now make sure the VOBs are named in the form of
    VTS_01_x.VOB
    where x can be 1, 2, 3 etc...

Use IFOEdit to create a DVD Structure.
    Experiment with the audio streams to get the right one.

Have Fun...

3. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

Another method could be to use DVD Shrink in reauthor mode, and since it has the preview window at the bottom left corner you can easily find the trailers you want. Then drag those into the new combilation and compose a new disc containing just the trailers.

Then in order to combine the other trailers with the one just created you could use this guide here

http://users.skynet.be/contra/dvddouble.htm

You can also add a menu to the beginning to select which trailer to watch. Have a look also at this thread with excellent guides by drchips (thanks doc!)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/76223

Hope you get it figured out!

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

You can also stack, VOB's, AVI's, MPEG's etc (in any combination, PAL and NTSC together), in NeroVision Express. It also makes a menu.