1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To run UMD Video Iso

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by squalo, Jul 6, 2007.

1. squalo

squalo Member

Hi to everyone!, well my problem is that I have the Silent Hille Experience iso, however it is UMD Video, it is not a game, so my psp has the 3.40 OE installed, How can I run this iso/cso (i tried with both, but they don't appear on the XMB) thanks

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

well if its a video-It would have to converted it to mp4, and you would put it in your VIDEO folder on the memory stick...Use PSPVideo9, or 3GP converter to convert your video to the correct format if it isn't already.

3. squalo

squalo Member

Well i don't think I can do that because, there are two folders when I open the iso file, which are UMD_Video and UMD_DATA.Bin

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

what are you using to open that folder? thats the iso itself-if you are using WINrar, you will have to go to the options, then settings, and uncheck ISO from the file associations or file integration tab-I have nero associated with my iso's, so the icon looks like a disc-and when you click on it to open it, it will have the UMD_, and the data.bin folders..
    but if thats how it came, then you will need use UMDgen to create the ISO from those two folders...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  5. squalo

squalo Member

Jeje sorry but it is already an ISO, the problem is that in the XMB it doesnt appear, I arleady installed a new OE, and still it doesnt work,

6. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

that's a tricky ISO to run, supposedly you can use UMD Emulator or something to run it, but i've never tried it myself, i do have that ISO though.

i can't wait for Silent Hill Origins to come out later this month (or next month, i forget)

*Edit* it's an 'interactive movie' that's why there are issues playing that game.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  7. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

i tried using UMD emulator. for whatever reason it's showing up as corrupted icon on 3.40 eoa

anyone have any luck with this? i'm trying to get it to work as well

8. squalo

squalo Member

well actually i already gave up, i think the only way is unstalling OE and living the psp on just 1.50 and then run UMDEmulator

9. malinki

malinki Regular member

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  10. squalo

squalo Member

damm the only problem is that i dont know how to dump a firmware, damm, but thanks a lot man!!