1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to save few pages of pdf??

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by tommyd13, Dec 5, 2008.

1. tommyd13

tommyd13 Regular member

I recently downloaded a full magazine in pdf form that I can read in Adobe Acrobat. I want to be able to save just a few pages of the magazine to it's own file so that i can save the file to my phones memory card and access it for reading while on the go. I have PDFCreator if that comes in handy at all. When I go to Adobe and click "print to file" it allows me to select PDFCreator, but nothing shows up in there and I don't know where it saves a file....if it even does.
    Can somebody assist....if they understand what I'm trying to convey here.
    Thanks.

2. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

I'm guessing you have Adobe Reader, not Adobe Acrobat which can actually manipulate .pdf files instead of merely viewing them. You want .pdf editing software that can add and delete pages, among other tools. I searched for free.pdf editing apps but never found one that I liked. I finally just bought the Foxit Pro software. Works great. Free one year license.

Check it out:

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

If you seldom need such software and its only a few pages, print just the pages you want. Then scan them and save as .pdf files. I formerly used this method, but what a pain in the neck.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  3. tommyd13

tommyd13 Regular member

thanks for the tip. Any free ones you may have liked just a little bit?
    It just seems to be a pain and a waste to print something out. I just wanted to be able to save the parts i wanted to read and have the access on my phone. I have a reader on there, but I don't want to have the WHOLE file on my phone.

4. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

This is the only free .pdf software I found and used that worked for me, and "liked a little bit" might be exaggerating.

Look here:

http://www.pdf995.com/

It worked but I didn't keep it very long.