1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to select min, max and average bitrates in CCE for 2 cds

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Synergy, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Synergy

Synergy Member

Hello,

Im trying to do some multipass SVCD encodes in CCE, but Im not sure how to make sure the resulting encode of the movie will make sure to fit on 2 cds.

Is there some way I can find out how to make sure the movie Im going to encode will fit on 2 cd's and preferably max out the space on the two cd's.

Thanks for the help!

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I wouldn't mess around with the bitrate setttings m8. I backup dvd2svcd using cce and I leave mine at default and over to the right where it says cd size, set the 1st three to 800 min. and down near the bottom check min. ave. Enocode at minimum at multi-pass vbr-3
    All my dvd movies I've backed up are 2 or 3 cd's. A movie that is roughly 2 hours and 15 minutes usually requires 3 cd-r's (multi-pass vbr-3). Be sure you create bin& cue files (CD Image tab folder) and that VCDXBuild is checked! When final encoding is finished, burn the bin& cue files, [bold] NOT [/bold] the bbmpeg files. You can use VCDEasy or BurnAtonce.
    VCDEasy:http://www.vcdeasy.org/
    Freebie^
    BurnAtOnce:http://www.burnatonce.com/index.html
    Yet another freebie and you can burn data and backup cd protection with this excellent program!

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2003
  3. Synergy

Synergy Member

Actually Im not using DVD2VCD in this case. Im ONLY using CCE. I cant use DVD2VCD because there is an error in the avi etc etc, so i need to manually do things.

Constant Bitrates seem to be easy to judge with a Bitrate Calculator. But I cant find a Variable Bitrate Calculator anywhere.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

What is the error?? Maybe I can help because I have seen a lot of errors on the forum and a lot of solutions to them!

5. Synergy

Synergy Member

There is a part in the avi where the video and audio desync. Some kind of bad frames. When your watching the avi from that point on, the audio remains out of sync with the video until you just reset the player to a point after the bad frames area.

The problem is that once converted to mpeg2. This desync will not fix like the avi. It remains for the rest of the video. So all Im doing is encoding a clip to just before the error. Then encode another clip from after the error to the end of the movie. Then I will just merge them. Problem solved.

But this is not my problem in the first place. It seems DVD2SVCD can estimate how much VBR data will fit on a particular amount of cd's. Im trying to figure this out as well.

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Download avifixed and use it to check the file, if it finds bad/corrupted frames you will be able to remove them!