1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to set dvd size in Nero 6???

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by find, Oct 13, 2004.

1. find

find Guest

Hi, may be someone could help me. I am using Nero6 to back up my DVD. I ripp them with dvd decrypter and shrink with dvd2one. If the size is more than 4.36GB Nero does not burn and gives me warning that disc size is not big enough. Normally DVDs are 4.7GB. In size settings I changed the size to 4600MB but still it does not work. I will be thankful if comeone could help to solve this proble.
    Thank you.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The actual amount of data that can be written to a single layer DVD is 4.36 GB :)

3. find

find Guest

Thank you very much for your help. In this case what you suggest to back up a long movie??

4. Nephilim

DVD2One is an outstanding little app for compressing a movie from what I understand. I haven't used it myself so I couldn't tell you the exact steps but there should be some way to to set the "Target File Size" to 4,300MB which will give you the best results.

You might want to look into DVD Shrink which is what I use the most. It's a great performer that will rip, compress and then burn (Using nero's or Decrypter's burning enigine) to automate the whole process :)

5. firegreen

firegreen Member

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SERIAL NUMBER FOR NERO SIX I CAN USE TO INSTALL THIS PROGRAM ... I HAD TO DO A SYSTEM RECOVERY AND I LOST MY PROGRAM AND I NO LONGER HAVE THE SERIAL NUMBER I FIRST USED ... THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP ...

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You can send an email to Nero with your proof of purchase and they will supply a serial number !

7. Nephilim

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  8. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Set output size to 4472 in DVD2One, that'll give you 4.36G :)

9. Ratae

Ratae Guest

With regard to the original question, if you need to back up a long movie using Nero, you can adjust the quality settings ("More" at the bottom of your nero window > video options > DVD-Video tag > quality settings)....obviously bitrates are compromised at the expense of movie length, but I would imagine that's the same with any dvd writing software?.

10. find

find Guest

I want to thank all of you for your suggestions and help.