1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to shrink an AVI to fit on DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by phuquit, Nov 15, 2006.

1. phuquit

phuquit Member

Greetings, I want to shrink an AVI to fit on a DVD-R without loosing the quality. I was told by someone I don't know (so I am not in a position to ask him how to do it) that DVD shrink is the perfect tool for this. I have downloaded it but I can't figure it out, the help file doesn't work (just opens my FLV player for some strange reason) so I can't find out that way, and from my own experimentation, I'm begining to get the feeling that i have been given a bum steer and the programe does not shrink AVI's at all. Can anyone confirm or deny this, and if the former, perhaps suggest a programe that will do it.

Thanx

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. rav009

rav009 Regular member

Hi,

DVDShrink doesn't handle the AVI format, you can convert the AVi's to DVD with VSO's ConvertXtoDVD and then use DVDShrink to shrink & burn it;

You can download this from here:

Download ConvertXtoDVD

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

You may also find this of use:

ConvertXtoDVD AfterDawn guide

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/...todvd_guide.cfm

The free version leaves a watermark (small icon saying VSO Software) in the corner, if purchased
    this will go away, IMO this is the best tool for the job & is a great investment.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  4. Ripper

Ripper Regular member

5. phuquit

phuquit Member

Thanks guys, should have come to you first.

6. witenoiz

witenoiz Regular member

AVI files are already compressed. I use Nero 7 DVD, Make or Modify DVD option to make DVD's with chapters, custom Menus that will actually play on any of my free standing DVD players. If you are doing TV shows with the AVI format you can buy a DVD player that will play Divx (same as AVI) - I just bought a Toshiba from Cosco for 44 bucks but haven't tried it yet. Anyway you don't shrink AVI's. Jack

7. Ripper

Ripper Regular member

Yeah, another option is use Nero Vision Express to transcode and burn @ once.