1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to shrink more than 3 movies on 1 dvd?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gr_wisdom, Apr 26, 2005.

1. gr_wisdom

gr_wisdom Member

I've used dvd-shrink for awhile and it works perfectly fine but the prob is you have more than a total combined movie duration of about 3hrs.
    In other words, you can combine as many movies as you want& burn into one dvd but it can't pass 3 hrs or so. Does anyone know of any other program where you can sacrifice the quality to put in more movies? I'm certain there are but don't know of any free software...

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

gr_wisdom ,
    This might or might not help. D/L Nero Ultra and see if Nero Digital will work for you. It uses Mpeg-4 compression but I doubt that you will find a DVD Player that will play the movies. You will have to use the PC w/ Nero's Player
    You could also look in the guide section at the top for DVD to VCD as some player will play those

3. gr_wisdom

gr_wisdom Member

Thanks Mike. I generally don't like nero software for encoding/decoding b/c it takes a long time (tried it once from .avi to vcd& it actually froze halfway). Any dvd that I've burned off of dvdshrink (that includes dvds with 3-4 movies with cut-off parts) has been working perfectly even on my ps2 system.
    DVDshrink and dvddecryptor are two of the fastest& best softwares I've used so far.
    I've dvds with over 5 hours of segment on them but don't know how they were created (maybe using some expensive software).
    I'll give Ultra a try when I've time.

4. pthugga

pthugga Member

let me know how do you put 3 movies on a dvd...i have been wanting to do that for awhile...just never knew how to do it. Please help? thank you!

5. gr_wisdom

gr_wisdom Member

With dvdshrink just load each dvd disk or iso image and click on re-author and drag only the main movie Titles& whatever else you want onto your compilation. You can uncheck unnecessary audios& subtitles you don't want and even cut off parts you don't want by clicking on one of its button. It's really that simple.
    The only restriction with this software is that it can only reduce the quality to a certain amount so you can't really choose whatever you want& have as many movies as you want.
    Hope that's enough for you to understand.

6. pthugga

pthugga Member