1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to slow burn speed down to 1x or 2 x ??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by smooth_1, Mar 8, 2005.

1. smooth_1

smooth_1 Member

I have a sony burner and I am using ritek dvd-r 8x media and i cannot get it to burn slower than 4x with any of my burning programs. I have tried clone dvd, decrypter, alcohol 120, and nero. Is it the media that is not allowing me to burn slower or the burner? I have successful backups but they load very slow and audio will skip. games are Nascar 2005 and MVP 2005

2. Toon_Army

Toon_Army Guest

try and use some other discs m8.My problem was the other way round to yours put it solved the problem

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Try 4x max media. 8x max media doesn't like to go that slow it seems. For me anyways. My 4x max media always burns at 1x fine.

4. smooth_1

smooth_1 Member

I have tried burning some other tdk 4x dvd+r and get the same result as before. Burns successfully but is still slow and choppy. I even tried to slow down the burner from with in the properties of it and it still goes 4x. Any other suggestions? Thanks

5. flyersman

flyersman Regular member

to slow down burn speed with a sony burner you have to right click my computer click properties select the hardware tab and clcik device manager then Double click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, then double click primary ide channel go to advanced settings and on transfer mode click pio only on both then do the same on secondary ide

6. smooth_1

smooth_1 Member

Thanks, I'll try that and let you know

7. smooth_1

smooth_1 Member

tried that and it did slow it down but still having the same problem. Should I reread the disk to the drive at a lower speed or does that not matter?

8. hursty

hursty Active member

9. HeyYoWL

HeyYoWL Member

Heh, yeah burning at 16x is fine for me on my Pioneer DVR-108 with Ritek 8x DVD+R's (g03). I use DVD Decrypter and burn everything flawlessly in roughly 7 minutes.

And hursty, are you finally listening to me or are you just being sarcastic? :p

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  10. hursty

hursty Active member

the latter

11. HeyYoWL

HeyYoWL Member

Hah, oh well then, if you don't want to listen that's your choice. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing then.

12. hursty

hursty Active member

13. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

@ heyyowl

You're probably the only person here with this unofficial firmware, so it's probably not all that helpful to these people suggesting they burn at 16x in every thread.

14. HeyYoWL

HeyYoWL Member

I can provide links to download the firmware though if they want. :) But that will have to wait until I get home since I'm at school at the moment. I'm suggesting it in threads because it seems everyone is burning at 1x or 2x when I don't find that precaution necessary. Just trying to suggest things others might not have tried before is all. It never hurts to experiment, and sacrificing 1 DVD to see if it works isn't that expensive to do.

15. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

That would definitely be beneficial if they want to look into going that route anyway.

For me, i burn at 1x, but really i'll only burn something when I'm going out, or to work, or sleep. Or watching a movie or something. I'm really in no hurry, so it doesn't bother me.