1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO: Softmod Correctly

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by chunkhead, Sep 7, 2007.

1. tyanders

tyanders Member

so everything, literally EVERYTHING went perfectly well. BUT when i test the final softmodded product i get the red ring of death and just goes to the MS DASH and tells me "if you connect you Xbox to the internet....." i have tried turning it on with both buttons and nothing changes. was wondering if there is something that i need to be doing differently. i have also tried it doing this process over and over and over. even tried to do just the single boot install. and also tried both evo and unleash. what should i do?

2. jethardy

jethardy Guest

hey im new at this but i had a softmoded xbox on evox everything was going great i was playing a game with my mate wasnt connected 2 da net and he decided 2 click on xboxlive and it tried 2 connect but i wasnt connected so it came up on the screen that i wasnt connectedand then it when 2 the old xbox dashboard and is nw just a regular xbox can i use this tutorial 2 get it back i have the xbox 2 usb adaptor and splinter cell game plz help

3. mayday295

mayday295 Member

omg! I am having the same exact problem!! I installed it all perfect, everything went well then on the last press "a" prompt (very last) where is rebooted, i turn xbox on (with power button) and it loads ms dash with a red ring around power, and says ....connect your xbox to the internet....."

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Boys, you're obviously doing SOMETHING wrong. Read the tutorial VERY carefully, there is obviously something you've missed! I wrote this with as much detail as I possibly could and I know, as do countless others that this process is flawless! Read it over, get a good grasp and don't rush! Oh, and HOLD the power button in for 3 seconds to turn on console!

;)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  5. mayday295

mayday295 Member

I tried this tut over and over and over and had ZERO Success... any ways i tried a diff tut. that had its own files for gamesave, etc. and i installed evoX perfectly no problem, and without doing all the stuff, no need to turn off console then eject take out disc, etc.

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Glad you got it to work!

:)