1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Softmod with SID 4.0! Tells how to get on XBL too!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by azzidrain, Mar 3, 2006.

1. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

erm...I dont see anyone asking for ppf's... <_<

2. prezhulio

prezhulio Member

Does anyone know if Mega-X Key will work with xbox 1.6?

3. drluv

drluv Regular member

haha k i did it all with success all thanks to this forum, and my home made usb/xbox memory card device! in all it set me back $15 for a memory card so not bad! now i just need to install a larger harddrive so i can rip my games directly tothe x-box (im that lazy) :). AWEOSME JOB ON THE TUT! geesh what would i ever do without afterdawn??

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Finally!!! Stickied.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i've closed the other multiposted 'howto'..

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

What is the newest version for M$ dashboard? Look like it is not at xbins.

7. xXBMODSXx

xXBMODSXx Guest

dude i cant get on xbl im freaking out what do i do??????

8. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

Are you following my steps at the end of the tutorial? Also, did you leave the IP on STATIC or did you change it to DHCP?

Xbox Modding Tutorials

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  9. xXBMODSXx

xXBMODSXx Guest

dchp it works now but is there ne way to gety the ms back
    ?

10. xXBMODSXx

xXBMODSXx Guest

is there ne way to put memorie card stuff back on there?

11. bluejet

bluejet Regular member

I'm a noob at softmodding and have ran into some problems. I have splinter cell and action replay max. I downloaded the files and had used winrar to extract it. when I try to drag the folder over to the memory card it says invalid xbox save. I am using the action replay memory card. Can someone help me?

12. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

@bluejet
    DO NOT unrar the files. Just unrar the large file that has all the saves in there. Then take each rared game save and transfer it over.

@xbmods
    When you hit eject to turn your Xbox on, you should be able to get the ms dash (if you did everything properly). And if you want access to your memory card, there is a gamesaves option in unleashx.

Halo Modding Tutorials

13. bluejet

bluejet Regular member

Thanks I put the files on the memory card. Now I did everything else but I am having a problem. When I turn my xbox off and turn it back on again it says congradulations. Then it reboots after a few seconds and when it reboots the unleashed dash doesn't show up. The original xbox screen shows up asking me to set the thime and once I do that it takes me to the xbox screen, the memory card, music, xbox live, etc. Did I do something wrong?

14. kg03

kg03 Member

hey do you know how to open smart ftp and hack the halo 2 maps because the smartftp isn't working for me it keeps saying "An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine." if you have any advice please help

15. kg03

kg03 Member

o and i can't figure out how to get the ppf o matic to work. plzz help thank you

16. squats24

squats24 Guest

hey AzzidReign very nice tutorial, thanks, I LOVE YOU ha j/k (azzid check my sig out)

17. bluejet

bluejet Regular member

Ok I uninstalled the softmod and reinstalled it. I did everything that the tutorial said. When I try to eject the disk the tray opens half way then closes and then reboots and then the congratulation screen shows up. After I push ok it copies something and then the xbox screen says do I want to connect to live or something and then xbox screen shows up telling me to set the time and when I do it takes me to the original xbox screen. Does anyone know whats wrong?

18. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

@bluejet
    When you eject and it closes again, eject again, get the disc out and then power off. Then press power to turn on again and you should get a black screen with a lot of words....just press A and it will finish the install.

@whoever was asking about halo 2 mods
    Yeah, I can mod halo 2...I dont use smart ftp...its crap. Get FlashFXP and you should be happy (that is unless you dont know how to work FTP clients).

Download Halo Mods

19. bluejet

bluejet Regular member

Thanks for the reply. I did what you said and it took me to a whole bunch of words and I pushed ok and it started saving some stuff. After it was done a message comes up saying "If you connect your xbox to the internet, it may occasionally communicate with and download updates from xbox live". I push ok and it tells me to set the clock. I do and it takes me to the original xbox screen where it shows memory, music, etc. Is it supposed to do that or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  20. bluejet

bluejet Regular member

I've been reading else where and I think my system has a clock loop. My

kernel is: 5101
    and my dash is 5960

Is that bad? Is there anyway to get past the clock loop? Thanks for all your help