1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Softmod with SID 4.0! Tells how to get on XBL too!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by azzidrain, Mar 3, 2006.

1. mrallthat

mrallthat Member

ya im sure it froze. i sat there for 2 minutes and nothing happened. and can you explain the orange light.

2. ftpxhalo

ftpxhalo Guest

Me and richo132 have the same problem as you with the orange light. It is frozen, i left it like that for 10-15 minutes.

3. modzz

modzz Guest

weres part 2?

4. mrallthat

mrallthat Member

after 10-15 min. did it work then?

5. xOvErKlLx

xOvErKlLx Guest

I downloaded the thread from the top, under the game pictures, and when i try and drag it into AR, it says not not a valid X box save. what should i try?

6. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Leave it Zipped don't unzip it

7. bkippers

bkippers Regular member

@xoverkilx...you need to download winrar and open the sid 4 file you downloaded threw that there you will have 4 things drag the top one to ar and the one titled with the game you are using they should drag in after that

8. mrallthat

mrallthat Member

i waited a half hour and nothing happened. the screen turned black and the xbox light turned orange. what do i do? would it make a difference if my xbox is only 4 months old?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  9. ssleezy

ssleezy Guest

anyone know where I can dl AID?

10. Talic

Talic Member

serious problem here:
    i followed the steps exactly with splinter cell, backed up everything i needed to, and installed unleashedX. so i had my xbox softmodded and wanted to see what i can do on the dashboard, so like a dumbass i go to filemanager and look around in one of the drives and selected some file, it brought me to the xbox live sign in screen and all i saw was a network connection cannot be established (no connnection is connected i didnt feel safe pluging it in at the time)it brings me to the troubleshooter, i press B and im brought to account management, new account, and network setup. so i turn off my xbox and when i turn it back on im brought back to the same exact screen, so i decided to uninstall the mod by using the exploit again. the dash was normal and things were fine. then i wanted to install evolutionX (i would have reinstalled unleashed but i thought i have already solved the problem) and im back to the same problem. so the next day i managed to fix the softmod i used my softmod installer deluxe 4.5 again with splinter cell and brought back my unleashedX dashboard under singleboot. but whenever i install my dahboard under Dual Boot Open(ndure) im back n the same position again. and i always wanted to use sofmodds on xbox live (in halo 2 custom games) and i know only ndure alows that, and whatever other feature ndure includes as well. so if sumebody can plz help do so thx
    p.s. this is my first time softmodding. and i didnt use this tutorial but every thing in it is the same as i did

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  11. VolKNoEyz

VolKNoEyz Member

sup guys,
    I soft modded my 1.6 xbox following the guide. Every thing went fine. It boots unleashx fine and it [bold]did[/bold] boot the msdash fine. The other day i was playing halo2 in matchmaking, no modded files of any sort. In the middle of the game everybody leaves at one time, which i thought was wierd, but i just thought my dsl messed up or something, but i was still on live. so it signed out of live and tried to sign back in, its said "it coudnt connect would u like 2 trouble shoot", so i clicked yes and i think it was trying to 2 the dash update thats on halo2, n e ways its started downloading something, it said "ur xbox is being updated please dont off", but towards the end of the install it said "there was wn error, ur disc might be dirty or damamged. so i turned it off and tried to boot to unleashx and it worked, it still works. But, when i hit the eject button to get on live, it does the normal boot process, then at the end of the xbox flubber thing, i get an error 21. and i can't get pass that. I backed up everything on my pc (before it broke), so i erased my c drive and put everything on my pc back on it, well it still doesnt work and i'm stuck. So to any body that has a clue on what to do, thanx in advance.

12. MrMeat09

MrMeat09 Member

[bold]What do i do on step 11?[/bold]

13. VolKNoEyz

VolKNoEyz Member

what r u talking about, follow step 11, it seems pretty clear on what to do 2 me, make sure u are using the files that the guide has links 2. hope that helps.

14. VolKNoEyz

VolKNoEyz Member

nvm, i uninstalled the softmod, and xbl works again, yay. I just im gonna reinstall it and try again. I wish i knew what happen so it dont again, but o well, thansk ne ways. If anybody knows how to fix my other xbox i would appreciate it.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/310360

15. TheCreep

TheCreep Member

Can anyone tell me where i can download halo 2 as a winrar file to make things easy anyone help would be appreciated

16. mrallthat

mrallthat Member

does anyone know how to back the xbox up to the computer?

17. VolKNoEyz

VolKNoEyz Member

<TheCreep>I pretty sure it is against the forum rules to ask for games like that. Nobody is here to help u priate games. U r supposed to use mods to back up games that u allready have the real disc too. So go buy halo 2 and stop being a cheap ass. Plus if u download it, u cant get on live, and that is the whole point of playing halo 2!

<mrallthat>1. Make sure u have a modded xbox, soft or hard doesnt matter. Make sure ur xbox and pc are connected via crossover cable aka. Cat 5 cable. Through a router, switch, or directly to each other. 2. Boot to ur alternate dashboard, unleashx, evolutionx, avalaunch, anything that has a ftp sever (not msdash). 3. Download flash fxp. 4. open flash fxp, click on the lightning bolt and then go to quick connect. Go back to ur xbox on the screen it should say ur ip somewhere. Type the ip in on flashfxp where is says server. the username and password are usually "xbox" (w/o quotes, all lowercase). The only exception that i know of is x3cl which is "x3" for username and password. Now click connect. 5. after u click connect several folders should pop up in the right box. Those folders are ur xbox hdd (hard disc drive). Now all u do is drag and drop the files on your xbox (right) to your pc (left). and thats it. Make sure u back up the C folder on your xbox to your pc once you get it working, just in case. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  18. xOvErKlLx

xOvErKlLx Guest

thanks got it working, new question. I went on smartftp and connected it to xbox, then deleted the origonal maps, now it says to replace those with the .mod maps, where can i get those? and after that am i done? or do ineed to do more for super speed, jumps, autoaim, etc?

19. SwivZero

SwivZero Member

Can someone tell me if this is what is supposed to happen:
    When I use the eject button to turn it on with the tray open (to load the MS dashboard) it goes straight into the xbox live screen. The options are "Account Management," "New Account" and "Network Setup." Pressing B does not take me back to the main screen.

However, if I first boot up EvoX and choose the MS Dashboard option from there, it goes to the standard menu (memory, music, etc.).

I'm assuming Live! will be a no go with this setup - perhaps the dashboard files are messed up?

I used SID 4.5 Nkave edition with the dual boot option, and installed some programs with AID 3.0.

20. gsteph3

gsteph3 Member

so I fallowed the instructions step by step and the softmod worked but when I click on Ms dashboard I get an error that says: Unable to launch "C:\msdash.xbe". file does not exist. does anyone know how to fix this? my xbox would play movies before and now it wont any help would be appreciated