1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO SOFTMOD XBOX EXPLAINED AGAIN FOR LAZY PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by roman_s, Aug 6, 2005.

1. darksoul8

darksoul8 Member

Hey im not stupid like these other people asking the same questions over and over agian, I got a problem that isnt listed I have the mech assault and i have the mod on my xbox i go to campaign and i push load linux but it says cannot load linus please press a to continue if any1 could respond i thank you. oh and 1 other thing how do i back up my files if you wanna tell me reply or privately email me!!!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  2. nathfy

nathfy Member

to everyone who wants to softmod there xbox, please go here: http://aid.xbox-hq.com/

download the files from bittorrent, as they don't host them on the site, basically it is a complete Xbox softmod installer, with all the applications dashboards etc you'll need. As well as tutorials on how to FTP into your xbox and connect XBMC to pc networks. It also walks you through it step by step.

hardware wise you'll need something like this:
    http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=85&products_id=3034&

you'll also need an original copy of splinter cell,mech assault or 007 agent under fire - hire it?.

the bit torrent download can be found from a link on this page:
    http://aid.xbox-hq.com/index.php?cmd=downloads

and remember - always BACK UP YOUR XBOX HARD DRIVE BEFORE SOFTMODDING

3. Hybrid07

Hybrid07 Member

ihave both parts 1 and 2 from your download onto my harddrive so i start up the game and click linux profile. then if i do anymore the game stalls everytime. did i do something wrong? please help

4. nathfy

nathfy Member

5. Hybrid07

Hybrid07 Member

splinter cell and im sure its original

6. nathfy

nathfy Member

this is what i used too.

start game >click A>choose linux click A>checkpoints click A should then load linux (splinter cell will dissapear)

If it still hangs on the load game screen try 'Levels', rather than check points.

I this doesn't work, try wiping the saves off the xbox and the memory card and transfer them again.

you'll need this:
    SID.Splinter.Cell.v2.0.Xbox-Hq
    then either:
    SID.Splinter.Cell.v2.0.NTSC.Xbox-Hq
    Or
    SID.Splinter.Cell.v2.0.PAL.Xbox-Hq

Please note that there is an extra NTSC and PAL gamesave for Splinter Cell, so make sure you use the correct one for your region.

how big and what type of memory card do you have?

7. Ehnzo

Ehnzo Guest

Hi ... i was in a game with a softmodder and saw what he could do on halo 2. so i decided to try.

Im getting the original Splintercell and Action replay

But ... I saw an article on http://aid.xbox-hq.com and it said :

'Why use Nkpatcher you ask? Because of the fact that it can automatically block Xbox Live, '

and i wondered what it meant , Would i not be able to play Xbox live anymore if i installed it.

And what Can i actually do with a softmod on my xbox

8. langy

langy Guest

i have been told that if you get your xbox chipped then you cant use xbox live cause uf u do it wrecks the chip and are no longer able to use burtn games is this true

9. dubnikoms

dubnikoms Member

hey i got this soft mod working but how can i still use Xbox live?

10. Hybrid07

Hybrid07 Member

i have that action replay 8mb one.. and where do u get those SID files

11. Hybrid07

Hybrid07 Member

i dowloaded the two parts it said to do onto my pc database then my memory card and everything worked so i maybe just need a better memorycard?

12. bannerjt

bannerjt Guest

hey bud i need the mecasualt thing to mod my xbox please help

13. bassmutan

bassmutan Member

After reading these posts, I feel like any instructions that do not include verbatim instructions such as, "breath in, breathe out, lift right hand 4 inches vertically, move right hand 6 inches horizontally, breathe in, breathe out...." are not adequate enough for some of you. I would recommend paying someone who can and does follow instructions to install these modifications. Sorry, i just cannot believe some of these posts. Anyways, good lucks moderators, i'm really really really fortunate not to be one of you.

14. cbruce

cbruce Member

Yeah i agree with you! Anyway, how many inches do i move my hand after i install the memory card? :p
    Sike lol.

15. langy

langy Guest

you pair of *bleep* virgins shut your mouths were just asking simple *bleep* questions you twats if you dont like it get the *bleep* off this site.

this site is for anyone who needs help so why you bringing people down like that get a life

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
  16. cbruce

cbruce Member

ok..........................................................

17. cbruce

cbruce Member

you have a good day too! :p
    Why you getting so mad? You have any questions? Ask me, im a newbie here but i know how to softmod an xbox and other things!

18. volcom725

volcom725 Guest

same here if you need help softmodding or ftping your box im your man. jus visit my site: Removed .. Please don't refer our members elsewhere. Help them here

volcom725

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
  19. skeet12

skeet12 Guest

For the mech assult mod u gave how do u turn it off temperaraly.. i wanna play matchmaking

20. dcoslovi

dcoslovi Guest

Can someone please help me, I followed the links from here and I downloaded this installer and found out the hard way that it is not in english and when I tried to exit out it began installing onto my XBOX. I tried loading an English version but this did not help. Some of the games where in black and white and the dashboard was in another language. I then delete the dashboard and now I have Error 16. I have tried downloading several times Slayer 2.6 and it wont open the ISO is corrupt or missing. Can someone please help me save my XBOX

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005