1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO SOFTMOD XBOX EXPLAINED AGAIN FOR LAZY PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by roman_s, Aug 6, 2005.

1. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@dzuldare[/bold]

You need the EEPROM off the hdd you replaced and transfer it to the new one. You can't just take a hdd that has been modded and place it in a random xbox. You will need to softmod the original hdd, FTP the EEPROM.bin from it to your PC, and transfer it to your new hdd before the new hdd can be used in the xbox.

2. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

thank you so much uniique1! i have not done it yet and i will let you know how it goes. i get what you are saying. i guess every xbox has like it's own "code" and you need that code to be on the new hard drive. thank you agian.

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

You got it, that's it. Post on how it goes.

4. ozzyrules

ozzyrules Guest

if i softmod my xbox will it screw it over.

5. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

hi again. ok i got the correct 007 game save onto my hard drive. i inserted 007 and picked load mission. i loaded it and nothing happened. it just went to stage 3 of agent under fire. i then tryed to boot the save off the mem card and that did not work. it came up with the code 21 about xbox needs serviceing. i did not have live on my xbox and i read that you needed live. so i popped in halo 2 and upgraded to live. i then tryed the 007 game save again and nothing. i don't need to ftp to my xbox yet right... because i guess you can't yet. i need to make the game save work. why didn't it?

6. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

i think this maybe the prob. i dont' know. i read that you have to use a offical microsoft mem card to do this. then i read that the gamesaves won't transfer though a mic mem card. action replay needs the special 8 mg ar mem card. now which is it? i have the ar mem card, do i need to buy microsoft mem card?

7. shisa

shisa Guest

Yea but you cant ftp with that! Can you?

8. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

no , from what i know you can't ftp untill the softmod works. anyway... so does anyone know if my memory card is the problem or is it something else?

9. what??

what?? Guest

ok dude email me at dacoolmuffinman but need to know were to download the patch so you wont get benned from matchmaking

10. R4P3R

R4P3R Guest

hey roman what happens if u do push restore xbox

11. scott_n

scott_n Member

Help!
    OK I just had a birthday and am going to buy action replay and wanted to know how to soft mod in Halo 2 Xbox-Live. I need the whole rundown on what it does how, to get if installed, web-sites, everthing, please HELP!

12. jokawild

jokawild Member

ok i have softmodded a xbox with the softmod installer deluxe and i got the dashboard to come up but it would not play any of the games i burned so i tested the games on my freinds xbox who's Xbox is softmodded also and they played fine so i figured it was the xbox and the softmodding went wrong so i read the txt file and it said something about using an xbox live game to update a file so i put in a game with xbox live on it and now it says my xbox needs service lmao can anyone help me out on getting it back to the way the xbox came and then go from there i do know my freinds xbox is new compared to this one that might have something to do with it please help

13. casdnto1

casdnto1 Member

FIRST OF ALL ! ! !

Why in the hell would ROMAN_S call the peaople lazy on how to SoftMod and XBOX when he didn't even thouraly explain on what the hell to do AFTERWORDS? Yes it is true, I messed up my XBOX cause I had no FU**ING clue on what to do after I SoftModded my XBOX. So it like saying, " I'll teach you how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, but don't eat it ". What happend was, THE WHOLE INSTALLATION WAS IN ANOTHER FU**ING LANGUAGE! I did'nt do anything wrong no matter what you peeps say! Maybe there should be a much MUCH! more helpful way on what to do AFTER you mod hmm? Oh, and by the way nobody can help me cause again, my XBOX is FU**ED up. Thanks to the helpful information i was giving on what to do AFTER i mod my XBOX.

14. ustna

ustna Member

why does my action replay linux file for mechassault not let me transfer to the harddrive? the only option i have is "delete".

15. ustna

ustna Member

nevermind..i'm an idiot..

16. Gizmo73O

Gizmo73O Member

wow what the fusk my xbox jus got all fucked up too after i installed tha mechassult linux .... and now my screen is all fucked up and sideways..... i am so fusking pissed ..... can someone tell me how to get it back to normmal

17. Gizmo73O

Gizmo73O Member

You notice how roman jus suddenly stopped postin here cuz he noticed that his supid ass dutch linux files would fusk up ur Xbox.... i have to go buy a new one today.... does anybody have any GOOD ENGLISH linux files???

18. Gizmo73O

Gizmo73O Member

Ok i got my Xbox working so i am in the linux Dashboard but it is in a whole nother language and when i tell it to go to the MS Dashboard it says it is loading it and it dosent.... HELP

19. roman_s

roman_s Guest

OK...who ever needed the Mech installer,007, and splintercell (english) AIM me i have it now (for all who were PO'ed)

P.S If u were stupid enuf to do the dutch one u deserve ur xbox to be destroyed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2005
  20. grandslam

grandslam Member

hey ur never on so can u im me Grandslamjmh i would give u my email but its against the rules